Forum Index > Trip Reports > Wenatchee Ridge, Peak 5715 6/2
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Justus S.

Justus S.
PostSat Jun 02, 2018 10:14 pm 
Wenatchee Ridge, Peak 5715 and Pt 5683. Drove up the Little Wenatchee Road and climbed these from the road up Soda Creek. Years ago, I was able to drive up this road to 3000ft in a car, but it is now barricaded at the main road due to washouts. I easily walked up the road to the sharp bend at about 3900ft. Here slide alder forces you to go cross country. You will want to head up and intersect the road higher. I walked the road a bit more then went cross country. I headed up toward the mellow valley that leads to the 5200ft saddle southwest of the summit. I should mention from like 3900 to about 4500ft the mosquitoes really came out in force. I couldn’t even stop to catch my breathe for fear of being eaten alive. Luckily, I hit continuous snow cover and things calmed down. I bypassed 5715 on the west and went up 5683 first then went back to the main summit. Both summits have some trees so no 360 views, but still pretty good views. I had an enjoyable day except for the mosquitoes. They can be voracious in these parts at certain times of the year. Note on parking. The area around this section of the Little Wenatchee Road and the start of the FS road up Soda Ck is all private property. I ended up talking to the land owner when I came out... he was nice to me. To be respectful, I recommend parking up the Little Wenatchee by Soda Springs and walking back down and then up the road.
Dirtyface and Lk Wenatchee
Dirtyface and Lk Wenatchee
Howard and 5715
Howard and 5715
David
David
Bandit Grasshopper
Bandit Grasshopper
Labryinth
Labryinth
Clark
Clark
Quartz rock
Quartz rock
entrance of napeequa
entrance of napeequa
Wenatchee Ridge 6359
Wenatchee Ridge 6359
view from 5715
view from 5715
Clark
Clark

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostSun Jun 03, 2018 6:32 am 
up.gif I thought the cool and freezing temps would knock those bugs down it froze on our trip along Virginian Ridge and we had no bugs the entire way down the NF Wolf Creek.

Living in the Anthropocene
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message