Forum Index > Trail Talk > Beckey Guide: Funny Sentence, "Access the lake via helicopter"
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
bk

bk
PostSun Jun 17, 2018 4:42 pm 
. . . in the green book (second book), Stevens Pass to Rainy Pass, on page 118, at the top of column two (for Stillaguamish Peak), it says: "Access the lake via helicopter." Wonder which editor added that? Just trying to catch readers sleeping? [Edit, 7:09 PM: My edition is the Third Edition, 2003.]

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
pcg

pcg
PostSun Jun 17, 2018 5:01 pm 
Interesting. I have the second edition (1989) and it says "trail from Falls Creek Road", instead of "helicopter". Perhaps said editor learned that the trail was no longer an option and decided to add "helicopter". Perhaps Fred was said editor and was having some fun. Ha.

Hairy Chin

Hairy Chin
PostSun Jun 17, 2018 5:39 pm 
For years, Anthony Reece flew small parties to meadows near South Lake. He had taken people to Bullon Lakes but stopped that with the establishment of the Boulder River Wilderness.

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostMon Jun 18, 2018 11:10 am 
I remember reading that years ago, looking down at the lake from Stilly summit and chuckling about it.

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors
PostTue Jun 19, 2018 12:00 am 
Yeah I noticed that too and recalling it would actually be pretty easy to walk to South Lake. I think Fred just added some humor there.

The Pacific coast to the Great Plains = my playground!!! SummitPost Profile See my website at: http://www.lemkeclimbs.com
AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostTue Jun 19, 2018 12:27 am 
I vaguely recall tales of folks flying into that lake. I think that's what Beckey was referring to. So maybe a joke, but based on real events. As well, very soon after moving here in 1980, I remember someone at a party describing flying into Lake Isabel. Maybe how those kayaks got up there.

Ringangleclaw

Ringangleclaw
PostTue Jun 19, 2018 8:08 am 
AlpineRose wrote:
I vaguely recall tales of folks flying into that lake. I think that's what Beckey was referring to. So maybe a joke, but based on real events. As well, very soon after moving here in 1980, I remember someone at a party describing flying into Lake Isabel. Maybe how those kayaks got up there.
You can still fly into Lake Isabel. More than one company will fly charters into there, and it is always open to private planes.