Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Wolves need our help NOW!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri May 04, 2018 9:50 am 
Thursday April 3, 2018 13:36 PDT WDFW WILDLIFE PROGRAM Gray Wolf Update A new update on wolf activities is available on the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife’s website: http://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_wolf/ -WDFW-

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri May 18, 2018 6:30 pm 
Friday May 18, 2018 17:15 PDT WDFW GRAY WOLF UPDATE Thurston County Superior Court Judge Chris Lanese today dismissed the case filed by the Center for Biological Diversity and Cascadia Wildlands challenging WDFW’s 2017 lethal removal decision concerning wolves in the Sherman pack. The judge ruled that the case was moot because the lethal removal authorization was no longer in effect and, as such, the court could not provide effective relief. Based on the Department’s most recent annual survey in December 2017, the Sherman pack no longer exists. At the judge’s request, WDFW committed to providing one business day (8 court hours) advance public notice prior to initiating lethal action on wolves, so the public has the opportunity to seek relief from the court. The judge said this requirement will remain in place until the issues raised in the case are finally adjudicated. WDFW already gives advance notice to the public before taking lethal action on wolves. Both wolf depredations on livestock and the lethal removal of wolves are serious matters that affect a diverse array of Washingtonians in different ways. The Department will continue working with a diversity of Washington’s citizens and communities on wolf conservation and management. The Department will also continue to implement the Wolf Conservation and Management Plan and wolf-livestock interactions protocol, which emphases the proactive use of non-lethal deterrent measures to reduce wolf-livestock conflict, and only consider lethal removal of wolves if those non-lethal tools fail. -WDFW-

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue May 22, 2018 2:36 am 
O RLY?

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu May 24, 2018 6:09 pm 
Thursday May 24, 2018 14:17 PDT WDFW WILDLIFE PROGRAM Gray Wolf Update A new update on wolf activities is available on the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife’s website: http://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_wolf/ -WDFW-

hooker

hooker
PostSun May 27, 2018 8:54 am 
Heathiest moose population in the lower 48 going down. Kiss them woodland Caribou good bye FOREVER! State spending millions upon millions of tax payer dollars in court. Not letting the greatest conservationists on the planet hunt them, Criminal. Beyond irresponsible. Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Weekend! God Bless all the families and friends who have lost loved ones.

dla

dla
PostSun May 27, 2018 5:39 pm 
I'd love to have a wolf skin rug.

hooker

hooker
PostSun May 27, 2018 10:47 pm 
WDFW is scared to do whats right. That in itself is criminal. We basically hired them we can fire them. NOT a single person or group/organization has even come close to doing more for wildlife conservation than hunters. Period. Its fact. Basically what we have is MS 13(wolves) on a massive killing spree going un checked. Criminal again.. A desperate woodland caribou herd about to be wiped out and communities that rely on moose hunters and the hundreds of thousand of dollars that keep people employed being wiped out. Its a sickening disgrace. If it was up to me the people responsible for introducing non native species wolves would hang. They have destroyed communities throughout Idaho, Montana Washington . If i were to introduce Alligators that could survive here as non native species the feds would lock me up. So why are the felons that introduced non native wolves protected at the expense of moose , elk , woodland caribou not held accountable? not to mention the millions of tax payer dollars and Communities destroyed. Trust me coyotes have established themselves just fine. At this point without cyanide these wolves being hunted are here to stay. But Managed hunts might possibly save the Caribou and the hundreds of thousands of dollars coming into communities which so desperately need the Moose dollars. Managed hunts will not remove them. Fact.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu May 31, 2018 9:59 pm 
Thursday May 31, 2018 13:12 PDT WDFW WILDLIFE PROGRAM Gray Wolf Update A new update on wolf activities is available on the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife’s website: http://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_wolf/ -WDFW-

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Jun 07, 2018 2:58 pm 
dla wrote:
I'd love to have a wolf skin rug.
up.gif You can hunt wolves in Idaho. Im waiting on that one here. up.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Jun 07, 2018 4:49 pm 
^ You will most likely be waiting quite a while - the Washington State Wolf Management plan requires resident packs statewide before that happens, and so far they don't seem to have managed to get west of the Cascade crest.

Jake Neiffer

Jake Neiffer
PostThu Jun 07, 2018 10:08 pm 
They haven't been forced to move west yet because there's been enough livestock for 'em on the east side thus far wink.gif

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Jun 08, 2018 12:18 am 
^ and therein lies the problem. It was anticipated they would take up residence in the areas with the highest ungulate populations, around Mt. St. Helens and on the Olympic Peninsula. Both are areas where the claimed "benefits" of having them as part of the ecosystem could possibly be realized, and both are areas where larger urban human populations would be confronted with the realities of having them as neighbors. wink.gif

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Jun 14, 2018 5:19 pm 
Thursday June 14, 2018 15:20 PDT WDFW WILDLIFE PROGRAM Hello Wolf Advisory Group members and Interested Parties, This is a notice to inform you that the next Wolf Advisory Group (WAG) meeting is July 10, from 1 p.m. to-6:00 p.m. and July 11, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. There will also be an open-house style public comment period on July 10 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., prior to the WAG work session. The WAG agenda will be posted on the department's website https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/advisory/wag/. The meeting will be at the Kittitas Valley Event Center, Heritage Hall (901 East 7th Ave., Ellensburg, WA. 98926). The WAG work session will open to the public to observe and will follow the same format that we have used in the past, including public comment opportunities at the end of each day. -WDFW-

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Jul 03, 2018 10:09 am 
Tuesday July 03, 2018 09:43 PDT WDFW WILDLIFE PROGRAM Gray Wolf Update A new update on wolf activities is available on the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife’s website: http://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_wolf/ -WDFW-

joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostThu Jul 05, 2018 9:34 pm 
Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Wolf Scientist? Interesting piece in the NYT on wolf research and politics in WA