Forum Index > Partners > Scrambles before July 6
Previous :: Next Topic  
crock

crock

PostTue Jun 19, 2018 10:53 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Iíve got time off for the next two and a half weeks through July 6.  With my daughters gone, wife injured, and typical partners doing other stuff, Iím looking for partners for some longer day hikes/scrambles.  I have a few peaks in mind that I havenít been up;

ē Kyes Peak in the Monte Cristos (~14 miles, 6700í),
ē Caroline Peak by Snoqualmie Pass (~17 miles, 5700í),
ē Chikamin Peak also by Snoqualmie Pass (~18 miles, 5600í)
ē Bismarck Peak and Mt Aix Ė loop, William O. Douglas Wilderness (17 miles, 6000í)
ē Lennox Mtn up the North Fork Snoqualmie River (11 miles, 5400í)

I wouldnít mind trying to approach Chikamin Peak via the Cooper River.  Itís about 7 miles longer but 1400í less vertical, and 5 of those miles can be mountain biked.

Iím also open to day trips up other peaks.

Since Iím not working, I can go pretty much any day.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Secret Agent Man

Secret Agent Man

PostWed Jun 20, 2018 7:28 pm 
Unfortunately Iím pretty booked up so I donít think I could join you but I recommend the Mineral Creek trail for approaching Chikamin. Itís the shortest in mileage and not as brushy or difficult as its reputation. I wouldnít want to do it just after rain, you would get drenched by the wet brush, but I think itís the best approach in good weather.

Have fun!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
neek

neek

PostThu Jun 21, 2018 7:23 am 
Agree re. mineral creek; it's also 1000' less gain than via pete lake if you count the way back.  The brush varies year to year, from not bad at all to fairly annoying.  I'm thinking of hitting Chikamin from Gold Creek this year, we'll see how that works out.

I'm interested in that Aix loop but am fairly booked through mid-July unfortunately.

Been up Lennox several times in winter (from the north and from the east) but want to see it later in the summer when Coney Lake is melted out.
wanderwild

wanderwild

PostThu Jun 21, 2018 10:11 am 
Just don't do Mineral in 100 degree temps. I did. It was like an African jungle with the brush creating humidity and all the bugs, etc.

--------------
"Whatever your mountain, climb on."
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
sam18802

sam18802

PostThu Jun 21, 2018 6:56 pm 
I would be interested in Kyes Peak if weather is solid July 5th. Been eyeing that one for a while. I'm only around for a week before heading back to the East Coast though and was hoping to spend some more time in the Cascades this year.

Sam

--------------
Love hiking and mountains!
scottytoohotty

scottytoohotty

PostFri Jun 22, 2018 6:06 pm 
I'm getting out tomorrow would like to do Sherpa, or Jim hill
crock

crock

PostFri Jun 22, 2018 11:07 pm 
sam18802 wrote:
I would be interested in Kyes Peak if weather is solid July 5th. Been eyeing that one for a while. I'm only around for a week before heading back to the East Coast though and was hoping to spend some more time in the Cascades this year.

Sam

Kyes on July 5 works for me, PM me and we can coordinate.
crock

crock

PostFri Jun 22, 2018 11:22 pm 
scottytoohotty wrote:
I'm getting out tomorrow would like to do Sherpa, or Jim hill

I'd be interested in Big Jim, but can't go tomorrow.  Is Sherpa a scramble?
cartman

cartman

PostTue Jun 26, 2018 3:54 am 
Big Jim and Jim Hill are different Hwy 2 peaks.

Sherpa is a technical mid-fifth class rock climb by its easiest routes.  It is not a scramble.
Beezy

Beezy

PostTue Jul 03, 2018 1:56 pm 
pm sent
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Partners > Scrambles before July 6
  Happy Birthday Kathleen, eplanajr, Pepper!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: