Forum Index > Trail Talk > Trailhead car bashers caught
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostWed Jul 11, 2018 3:44 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
Fear based marketing works well for politicians, gun makers and home security systems vendors.
And the modern news media reports every incident anywhere on the planet and makes it appear as though it happened in one's own backyard. My mother, who grew up in rural Germany in the 30's talks of the town doctor who got busted for child molesting. Nothing new on the planet. The end has been near for the last 2000 years. Now liberals see the end times right around the corner while 5 years ago it was the conservatives who saw it that way. I was a hippy freak during the Reagan years. Added a lot of drama to life. I was born in Aberdeen. I constanly thank my deceased father for having the vision to move away in 1963. It made all the difference in my life.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostWed Jul 11, 2018 4:05 pm 
Schenk wrote:
DIY, Since you claim the drop in "overall crime rate" was due to the age demographics changing, that begs a few questions (a question is not "denying" hahaha): 1). . . .
If you are sincerely that curious, look it up. Facts are facts. I don't rise to thewhataboutism bait. The "American carnage" shtick is fraudulent divisive fearmongering.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Gil

Gil
PostWed Jul 11, 2018 7:58 pm 
There's no question: The crime rate in the U.S. has gone steadily down since the 1980s and is still falling. What is substantially up is our ability to access information about crime, in the form of news disseminated through the internet, but more importantly through social media. Outlets like NextDoor can make you aware of crime in your neighborhood that you would have been happily unaware of even 10 years ago. Now there's a venue for amplification. It's kind of like cancer death rates. Cancer death rates in the U.S. are also steadily falling. If you get terminal cancer, that news is little consolation, but it's still true.

Friends help the miles go easier. Klahini
xrp
Tactical Backpacker

xrp
Tactical Backpacker
PostWed Jul 11, 2018 8:59 pm 
Schenk wrote:
:"Most crimes are not reported to police, and most reported crimes are not solved. In its annual survey, BJS asks victims of crime whether they reported that crime to police. In 2016, only 42% of the violent crime tracked by BJS was reported to police. And in the much more common category of property crime, only about a third (36%) was reported. There are a variety of reasons crime might not be reported, including a feeling that police “would not or could not do anything to help” or that the crime is “a personal issue or too trivial to report,” according to BJS."
Cops are too busy enforcing victimless laws (pot smokers, speeders, etc) to bother themselves with crimes that have victims.

xrp
Tactical Backpacker

xrp
Tactical Backpacker
PostWed Jul 11, 2018 9:03 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
Ski wrote:
summary execution of meth users would go a long way in preventing property crimes,
So we are clear here that you think your TV or car is worth more than a human life. What's next? Summary execution of "Left Lane Campers" ?
Nah. The thieves think that -- else they wouldn't assume the risk of looting someone else's stuff.