Forum Index > Trail Talk > "Sultan Shindig" this weekend (Highway 2)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
CC
cascade curmudgeon

CC
cascade curmudgeon
PostThu Jul 13, 2017 9:55 am 
Sky Hiker wrote:
Went thru the construction zone yesterday afternoon. Was stopped a couple times heading east then on the way back west was stopped 2 more times for grinding and lane painting.
On monday morning we were stopped by a flagger @ about MP 56. After a 25 minute wait the pilot car came leading a row of vehicles eastbound. We then followed it to another flagger about 2mi west. In between there was nothing: no vehicles, no workers, no cones or barriers, nothing but a dead squirrel. The only people we saw were the two flaggers and the pilot car driver. The rumor is that WSDot has hired one of the Chris Chistie staff members who was fired after "bridgegate".

First your legs go, then you lose your reflexes, then you lose your friends. Willy Pep
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker
PostThu Jul 13, 2017 10:24 am 
Yea the first construction zone started at Zekes and ended before Anderson Creek crossing which was done by contractors and the second section was that rough spot west of Grotto where the WSDOT crew was grinding and repaving. I only made it to my home port of Sky but believe another section hopefully the Tye River Bridge gets addressed first. I am glad that it is addressed regardless of the waiting.

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostThu Jul 12, 2018 4:59 pm 
It’s back, sorry to say. Specifically, eastbound traffic from Monroe to Sultan will be gridlocked Saturday morning due to a parade and other festivities.

fairweather friend

fairweather friend
PostThu Jul 12, 2018 5:25 pm 
Thanks for posting this, NancyAnn!!! You saved my bacon. I was planning to join a Washington Kayak Club trip down the Sky on Saturday, but there's no way I'm going to subject myself to that traffic. I already alerted the trip leader and hopefully, she can divert the trip to somewhere a little more sane like the Sauk. Here's the link to this year's festivities: 2018 Sultan Shindig

timberghost

timberghost
PostFri Jul 13, 2018 5:19 am 
Yea then it's Gold Dust days in Goldbar after that!! If its not one thing its another

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostTue Jul 09, 2019 8:49 pm 
It’s that time again. banghead.gif Specifically this Saturday. If you enjoy sitting in traffic between Monroe and Sultan without moving for excruciatingly long periods of time, come on up clown.gif

Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker
PostWed Jul 10, 2019 4:56 am 
Don't forget Old Timers picnic at Skykomish the weekend after then Goldbar Gold Dust days the weekend after that!!

fourteen410

fourteen410
PostWed Jul 10, 2019 1:07 pm 
Good to know - appreciate the heads up!

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostFri Jul 08, 2022 1:15 pm 
It’s back this weekend. Avoid Highway 2 on Saturday, there will be traffic gridlock between Monroe and Sultan all day.

JimK, brewermd
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostFri Jul 08, 2022 6:50 pm 
Always appreciate the insight Nancy! Is that Sultan Basin traffic light ever going to be replaced with a roundabout?

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostSat Jul 09, 2022 12:34 pm 
My band played the main stage last night. Traffic was pretty bad between Monroe and Sultan.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.

ale_capone
ale_capone

ale_capone
PostSun Jul 10, 2022 9:52 am 
The city of sultan is currently looking at 3 or 4 options to reworking highway 2 through sultan. https://www.ci.sultan.wa.us/348/US-2-Alternatives-Analysis

timberghost

timberghost
PostTue Jul 12, 2022 6:10 am 
SOS nothing will ever get done. Can will continually get kicked down the road because of budget even though we have a horded surplus

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Jul 12, 2022 6:55 am 
timberghost wrote:
SOS nothing will ever get done. Can will continually get kicked down the road because of budget even though we have a horded surplus
I'd rather money be spent on a much needed bicycle trail/lane connecting the Methow and Okanogan valleys.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
slabbyd

slabbyd
PostWed Jul 13, 2022 3:49 pm 
Why in the hell is the City of Sultan responsible for this? Seems like the state should be spearheading and funding some sort of improvement here. Certainly folks in Sultan are impacted but so is every other city/town along Hwy 2 as well as everyone using the highway. I imagine an economist could calculate some sort of huge impact due to hours wasted in unnecessary backups. End of rant.