Forum Index > Trail Talk > Wildfire closed SR 97A N of Wenatchee
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostSat Jul 14, 2018 4:41 am 
A wildfire closed SR 97A North of Wenatchee it was originally down low on the East side of Burch Mtn. this morning the fire has been visible higher up the mountain burning.

Living in the Anthropocene
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostSat Jul 14, 2018 6:14 am 
This morning.
Fire north of Wenatchee
Fire north of Wenatchee

Token Civilian

Token Civilian
PostSat Jul 14, 2018 12:58 pm 
Multiple choppers and air tankers are working it. Quite the view from the waterfront along the river. Drove down 97 from chelan right before they closed the highway last night.

HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostSat Jul 14, 2018 1:50 pm 
I could see big flames a couple hours ago. Now everything just shrouded in thick smoke plumes. I had my iphone's "alerts" turned on and got awoken last night around 1:30 am by the most obnoxiously rude sound I have heard in a long time. I was half asleep but I think it said Ohme Gardens was on fire. Close but no cigar.

PostSat Jul 14, 2018 6:31 pm 
HitTheTrail wrote:
I could see big flames a couple hours ago. Now everything just shrouded in thick smoke plumes. I had my iphone's "alerts" turned on and got awoken last night around 1:30 am by the most obnoxiously rude sound I have heard in a long time. I was half asleep but I think it said Ohme Gardens was on fire. Close but no cigar.
I got the same alert at 1:30 am. IT SAID...there is a fire in your area. YOU are under a level one alert. What the hell!!!!...You need a rude sound to wake you up!!! Would you prefer some soothing chimes?? It woke me up!!! READ the damn alert....it was a level one alert. It DID NOT say that Ohme Gardens was on fire!!! Look the GOVERNMENT can WARN you about EVENTS...It cannot do ANYTHING about your lack about ability to comprehend basic ENGLISH. READ THE DAMN ALERT...

Retired Forester....rambling round www.usbackroads.blogspot.com
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostSat Jul 14, 2018 8:03 pm 
Geez, Ol’ time NWH members can get grumpy at each other. 👀

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostSat Jul 14, 2018 8:05 pm 
509 wrote:
Look the GOVERNMENT can WARN you about EVENTS...It cannot do ANYTHING about your lack about ability to comprehend basic ENGLISH. READ THE DAMN ALERT...
Ummm..well, my wife is in the final stages of terminal cancer and I had just gotten to sleep after a rough day/night of helping her deal with pain. Her phone alert went off just after mine did and I was searching around the house to find it and shut it up. To add to my distress I couldn't find her (for some reason she was down in the basement). After I collected my thoughts I looked out the window and saw that Ohme Gardens was not on fire, (in fact I could see no fire all the way up the river to Chelan), so I dismissed the alerts and tried to get her to go to bed. I never did read the alerts.

FiveNines

FiveNines
PostSat Jul 14, 2018 10:11 pm 
HTT, thanks for starting thread and sharing a picture. Not sure why 509 is such a piece of all caps crap? Lame. A few at dusk from foothills across town. Could begin to see open flame as it got darker.
07.14.18 Burch Mtn Fire 011a
07.14.18 Burch Mtn Fire 011a
07.14.18 Burch Mtn Fire 012a
07.14.18 Burch Mtn Fire 012a
07.14.18 Burch Mtn Fire 015
07.14.18 Burch Mtn Fire 015
Line of open flame on right edge, above river.
tripod please
tripod please

Leafguy

Leafguy
PostSun Jul 15, 2018 2:04 am 
509 wrote:
HitTheTrail wrote:
I got the same alert at 1:30 am. IT SAID...there is a fire in your area. YOU are under a level one alert. What the hell!!!!...You need a rude sound to wake you up!!! Would you prefer some soothing chimes?? It woke me up!!! READ the damn alert....it was a level one alert. It DID NOT say that Ohme Gardens was on fire!!! Look the GOVERNMENT can WARN you about EVENTS...It cannot do ANYTHING about your lack about ability to comprehend basic ENGLISH. READ THE DAMN ALERT...
🦀. Effen A. Chill out a bit. 🦀

fourteen410

fourteen410
PostSun Jul 15, 2018 8:52 am 
HitTheTrail wrote:
my wife is in the final stages of terminal cancer
I'm so sorry to hear that. May peace and comfort surround you during this difficult time.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Jul 15, 2018 9:47 am 
HTT - sorry to hear about your wife. BK

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostSun Jul 15, 2018 12:15 pm 
HitTheTrail wrote:
Ummm..well, my wife is in the final stages of terminal cancer and I had just gotten to sleep after a rough day/night of helping her deal with pain. Her phone alert went off just after mine did and I was searching around the house to find it and shut it up. To add to my distress I couldn't find her (for some reason she was down in the basement).
frown.gif Sorry for your distress and your wife's suffering HitTheTrail. And to have a wildfire in your area must only add to this hellish time. Very sorry for the unnecessary rude comments above. Geez Louise! huh.gif Hang in there. ~z

HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostSun Jul 15, 2018 12:55 pm 
Thank you all for your support. I don't want a wildland fire thread to become about my wife. I was just explaining why I didn't thoroughly read the alert. Also, I hold no ill will at all toward 509. I figured he either works for the people who do the alerts, or was having a bad night, or had a couple beers. I enjoy a spirited comment once in awhile.