Forum Index > Trip Reports > Turning 50 on Chelan Lakeshore Trail
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Kellbell

Kellbell
PostTue Jun 26, 2018 8:58 pm 
It's been so long since I've been on here!!! It's been a SSSLLLOOOWWW winter, but I am at last out there again. And THIS IS MY YEAR!!! The one I've been waiting and planning for the last 8 years. Anyone who has read my blog knows what I'm talking about, but if you haven't, here is a link. This is the post for my 50th birthday trip biggrin.gif (and if you do read it, please tell me if the video worked for you. It works sometimes, and then other times it doesn't, so I'm just trying to figure it out) And I also just want to thank you all for the support through these years. This place has been the best resource, and has helped me so much. up.gif http://kellbell-whywouldanyonereadthis.blogspot.com/2018/06/fifty-has-arrived.html

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Stefan

Stefan
PostTue Jun 26, 2018 9:42 pm 
Great to see and hear. Hummingbirds are full of wonderful zippy life!

Art is an adventure.
cambajamba

cambajamba
PostWed Jun 27, 2018 8:21 am 
Congrats!

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostWed Jun 27, 2018 12:36 pm 
congratulations! are you planning on hiking 50 consecutive days, 500 miles, averaging 10 miles per day? so 20 miles down? great write up and best birthday adventure with your friends! video worked, salud up.gif my 65 years is closing in eek.gif

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
nordique

nordique
PostThu Jun 28, 2018 9:13 pm 
Great report! As someone who turns 75 this year, I'm just happy to have hobbled up and down what was my 61st hike this year, on my right knee and right ankle replacements! No 911 call! Now to see if I can manage another climbing day tomorrow, at Vertical World in Seattle, for climbing day #42 for me this year. At my advanced age, rotator cuff injuries are not uncommon. I started rock climbing in 1961, as a freshman in college, and--when Vertical World opened--began climbing there three days a week. Me, 1992, Vertical World Seattle:
Photo by Janet, about 1992, probably at the original Elliott Avenue Vertical Club location.
Photo by Janet, about 1992, probably at the original Elliott Avenue Vertical Club location.

Kellbell

Kellbell
PostThu Jul 05, 2018 4:59 pm 
bobbi wrote:
are you planning on hiking 50 consecutive days, 500 miles, averaging 10 miles per day? so 20 miles down?
Yes, consecutive days, so I won't start the official "500" until I hit the AT in New York. I have my start and finish spots picked out, and they are exactly 500 miles apart. biggrin.gif

Kellbell

Kellbell
PostThu Jul 05, 2018 5:05 pm 
nordique wrote:
I started rock climbing in 1961, as a freshman in college
I was born in 1968, so you are making me feel young!! tongue.gif My husband was an avid climber in his day, and established many of the routes up at Erie. Here's the post I wrote in his honor...maybe you've heard of him. biggrin.gif http://kellbell-whywouldanyonereadthis.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-legend-of-mount-erie.html

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostFri Jul 06, 2018 8:27 pm 
Happy 50th, Kellbell, the best is yet to come. smile.gif Good luck with your big adventure!

Kellbell

Kellbell
PostWed Jul 18, 2018 10:08 pm 
Nancyann wrote:
Happy 50th, Kellbell, the best is yet to come. smile.gif Good luck with your big adventure!
Thank you Nancyann!!!

Kellbell

Kellbell
PostTue Jul 31, 2018 2:52 pm 
For anyone wanting to follow me, you can find me at 500KellBell on Youtube biggrin.gif

Dusty Trale

Dusty Trale
PostTue Jul 31, 2018 4:36 pm 
Kellbell, have fun on the AT. Age wise your only about 20 years behind me. I enjoyed reading your blog story about your husband Ken and Mt. Erie. I first climbed on Mt. Erie way back in 1966 while in high school and taking the Everett Mountaineers basic climbing course. Back in 1954 my dad Bill worked for the West Coast Telephone Co. and would go up to Mt. Erie to check on their equipment at the summit. One day while eating lunch he was looking around and thought Mt. Erie would be a good place for the Everett Mountaineers to use for their rock field trip for the basic climbing class. So he brought some of his climbing buddies up to Mt. Erie and the club started using it for the basic class. They club used Mt. Erie until the early 1970's when they moved their rock field trip to the Icicle Creek area outside of Leavenworth.