Forum Index > Photography Talk > trouble with Flickr
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
tommytownsend

tommytownsend
PostSat Aug 18, 2018 2:28 pm 
I'm writing up a post and ready to add images but unable to upload from Apple photos to Flickr. Using the uploader on the site it transfers the images to the Flickr screen but doesn't complete the up load. dragging and dropping from the desktop doesn't work either. The privacy settings are public. Not sure where to turn, when I google or youtube Flickr uploading trouble shooting nothing useful comes up. Thanks for any advise you might have.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
tommytownsend

tommytownsend
PostSat Aug 18, 2018 6:03 pm 
Useful to know the problem is on my end and not system wide. Any thoughts about how to get help from Yahoo? thanks for responding

nordique

nordique
PostSun Aug 19, 2018 9:29 pm 
I've had no problems uploading to Flickr from iPhoto today and for the past few weeks. Just went over 90,000 images on Flickr the day before yesterday (that's all images not just the public photos). I'm always careful to make sure my Wifi is ok before I upload. https://www.flickr.com/photos/nordique/

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker
PostTue Aug 28, 2018 8:46 pm 
I was going to reference a photo from my flickr account today, and I found the 20 shots that should have been in the specific album had turned into only one photo. Poking around a bit I noticed this has happened to a bunch of my Flickr "albums". I was able to load up most of the pictures back into the album, albeit painstakingly from my photostream. But in the process of that poking around, I found a large number of photos have been deleted, leaving behind a broken link looking marker behind. Luckily I do not count on Flickr to keep my originals, but I do use it as my "website" for public interface, and refer to it fairly often in communications. What is really irritating is that I am paying for a "Pro" account. Has anyone else run into this? It isn't obvious unless you are looking for it or happen to dive into a corrupted album as you care poking around in your account.

friluftsliv
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostTue Aug 28, 2018 11:10 pm 
"Has anyone else run into this?" -- you probably want positive confirmation of a problem, but I upload photos to a new album about twice a week and have had no trouble. I upload Adobe Lightroom and occasionally a set will stall party way through and complain about an API error, but restarting always finishes it. I have not seen any issues with photos already on flickr either.

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker
PostWed Aug 29, 2018 7:41 am 
puzzlr wrote:
"Has anyone else run into this?" -- you probably want positive confirmation of a problem, but I upload photos to a new album about twice a week and have had no trouble. I upload Adobe Lightroom and occasionally a set will stall party way through and complain about an API error, but restarting always finishes it. I have not seen any issues with photos already on flickr either.
Have you looked back at older albums and photos? I checked on the Flickr forum (didn't even know that existed) and it is definitely a problem for a lot of people. I also noted they are jacking up the price of their "Pro" account to the point where I wonder if it will be worthwhile to maintain "pro" status.

friluftsliv
joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostThu Aug 30, 2018 10:00 am 
I've been using the web uploader interface and though it periodically coughs up a hairball and I need to start over again with the photo(s) they get up there with one or two tries. I have been referencing old albums recently and the expected contents have been there. But I would not be surprised if they have less-frequently accessed older stuff on "colder" storage (i.e. not as quick to access as fresher content) and that perhaps sometimes this stuff just fails to load due to timeouts. Based on my uploading experiences they clearly have some stuff that just plain fails (ungracefully) if it times out which I would not be surprised to see in other areas of their code...

nordique

nordique
PostFri Sep 21, 2018 7:47 pm 
Usually, when I have a problem with uploads from iPhoto to Flickr, it's due to a weak Wifi connection. I've learned to double-check my Wifi connection before I try to upload. My computer is 50 steps from the south side of our house to the north side--and my Wifi booster is not always at full strength.