Forum Index > Trail Talk > Current Wildfire status
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Aug 27, 2018 6:21 am 
The air is clear this morning. The moon was not red. I did not run the ac last night--windows were open! YAAAAAY. breakdance.gif breakdance.gif

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
kiliki

kiliki
PostMon Aug 27, 2018 8:50 am 
Is any of the west side rain making it over the crest to fire areas ie Gilbert?

hbb

hbb
PostMon Aug 27, 2018 4:08 pm 
It was constant rain over in the Bridge Creek/McAlester Creek drainages Sat/Sun, so I assume there was at least some rain on the Crescent Mountain/Gilbert fire.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Aug 27, 2018 5:23 pm 
Still hanging South untl smoke clears. Haze from Yosemite to Lava tubes nice now. Crater Lake manyana.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Fletcher

Fletcher
PostMon Aug 27, 2018 7:11 pm 
I’ve been in Manzanita, OR last couple days. Light but steady rain all day yesterday and all night last night. Clear skies and sunny today, but kinda chilly!

jinx'sboy

jinx'sboy
PostMon Aug 27, 2018 7:28 pm 
kiliki wrote:
Near Twisp we had an hour or two of very very light drizzle Saturday afternoon. And maybe a little more that night. Plus about 5 drops Sunday afternoon. Fire folks reported .05” on the McLeod fire. I was on Washington pass Sunday afternoon....cool and drizzle, but not anywhere close to a ‘wetting rain’. Higher humidity and low temps has allowed some good progress on fire lines the last 2 days, apparently.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Aug 27, 2018 9:17 pm 
kiliki wrote:
It did. Yesterday's morning briefing mentioned a bit of rain. There were reports of rain in Carlton. Here in Omak it rained enough to get my dog all wet. We had showers off and on yesterday and last night. The briefing also mentioned that if the smoke cleared off yesterday, they would be hitting it hard with air support. They've been unable to do that because of all the smoke--both on the fire and at the airport. I'm assuming that they are flying out of Wenatchee with the air tankers. Our air went from Unhealthy, yesterday to Good today. It was pretty windy today so I hope that didn't stir up anything. The report on the Cougar fire said that they were demobing some crews, things had improved there also.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Aug 28, 2018 9:48 am 
Where can I find a smoke forecast for the weekend? I need to plan.

joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostTue Aug 28, 2018 4:24 pm 
The most useful forecast I've seen just goes a day out. http://airquality.weather.gov/sectors/washington.php?period=3#tabs

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostTue Aug 28, 2018 11:30 pm 
Ski wrote:
Oddly the one at Rock Candy Mountain (on Hwy 8) is showing blue sky in the background - go figure.
Oh man rock candy!! Big time rube country up there! Brings back them mem's!!! Bonfires, 4-by's, 18 racks! 24's on a bigger night! Per guy! Haven't been round there in years but 'pparently its getting too reckless these days though and guys aren't sticking to the shootin' quaries when blasting off. Just firing loose. And there's hikers and mtn bikers around!!! Its a shame.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Aug 29, 2018 10:06 am 
Miriam Fire near White Pass was shown as being 4824 acres as of 08/28/18 on a notice posted at the Clear Creek Falls overlook on Hwy 12 just east of White Pass. It seems most likely the cause of all the haze we saw yesterday coming up US 12 out of Naches. (see photos HERE) There was quite a contingent of fire fighters camped at White Pass right along the highway.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
sooperfly

sooperfly
PostFri Aug 31, 2018 11:50 am 
Harts Pass is now open! up.gif Harts Pass Road opens today! The folllowing trails will remain closed: • #472 – West Fork Pasayten • #472A – Holman Creek • #576 – Buffalo Pass • #752 – Devil’s Ridge from Devil’s Pass to the junction with Trail #754 • #754 – Chancellor from Holman Pass to the Pasayten Wilderness boundary • #2000 – Pacific Crest Trail from the Pacific Crest Trailhead north of Harts Pass to the junction with Trail #473 Pacific Crest Trail thru hikers are advised to use the Middle Fork Pasayten Trail #478 to Rock Creek #473 or Boundary Trail #533 to access the Pacific Crest Trail north of the closure.

AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostFri Aug 31, 2018 1:34 pm 
The green air quality circles across the whole state are beautiful.

ejain

ejain
PostFri Aug 31, 2018 7:08 pm 
Anyone else notice that the Miriam and Maple fires are no longer showing up on any smoke forecasts (BlueSky, AIRPACT-5)? Must be a glitch?

mbravenboer

mbravenboer
PostThu Sep 06, 2018 8:34 pm 
Today was the first day I noticed the Whitepine Creek fire south of Jim Hill visible on MODIS: https://caltopo.com/map.html#ll=47.69875,-120.98817&z=13&b=t&o=r&n=0.25&a=modis_mp