Forum Index > Trail Talk > Pierce County Search and Rescue
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
PierceSAR
Pierce County SAR

PierceSAR
Pierce County SAR
PostMon Sep 03, 2018 3:27 pm 
Pierce County Explorer Search and Rescue (PCESAR) orientations for the 2018-2019 training season are starting soon! If you would like to learn more about joining SAR, come to one of the orientation meetings listed below. They are held in the meeting room of a branch of the Pierce County Library and last about an hour. There will be a short presentation about the organization, membership requirements, training program, gear, and plenty of time for questions. 9/10 – Graham 7-8:30pm - 9202 224th St E, Graham, WA 98338 9/17 – Fife 7-8pm - 6622 20th St. E. Fife, WA 98424 9/26 – South Hill 7-8:30 - 15420 Meridian E., South Hill, WA 98375 10/2 – Gig Harbor 7-8:30 - 4424 Point Fosdick Dr NW, Gig Harbor, WA 98335 10/10 – Bonney Lake 7-8 - 18501 90th St E, Bonney Lake, WA 98391 10/16 – University Place 7-8:30 - 3609 Market Place W., Suite 100, University Place, WA 98466 Pierce County Explorer SAR is both an adult and youth volunteer organization. We respond to wilderness, urban, and evidence searches, as well as during emergency situations when called upon by the county. For more info please see: https://pcesar.org/join Are you unable to volunteer, but would still like to contribute? Donations are appreciated and may be submitted via Paypal via the link at https://pcesar.org/donate If you have any questions, please fire away. See you there!

Pierce County Explorer Search & Rescue
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
PierceSAR
Pierce County SAR

PierceSAR
Pierce County SAR
PostMon Sep 03, 2018 3:47 pm 
Pierce County Explorer Search and Rescue is under direction of the county Sheriff’s department and Department of Emergency Management and does not self-deploy. The unit is comprised solely of volunteers. All equipment, vehicles, and resources are supported and funded by its volunteers and community. Some missions we have responded to this year include an evidence search in regards to the death of Pierce County Sheriff Deputy Daniel McCartney. Numerous wilderness searches and carryout’s for lost hikers, including a carryout of an injured hiker on the Snoquera Falls trail. Out of county searches for missing hikers, persons, and evidence such as the search in Snohomish County for Sam Sayers. The unit responds to missions from the northern and southern borders of the state, to the coast, and the east side of the mountains. Urban scenarios include searches for missing persons with Alzheimer’s or dementia. We are always looking for volunteers to contribute to a great cause and organization.

Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostMon Sep 03, 2018 3:56 pm 
up.gif up.gif

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Sep 03, 2018 4:31 pm 
PierceSAR wrote:
Donations are appreciated and may be submitted via Paypal via the link at https://pcesar.org/donate If you have any questions, please fire away.
Not everybody in the universe has a PayPal account. What's the snail mail address if a willing donor wanted to mail you a check?

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostMon Sep 03, 2018 4:35 pm 
Ski, if you follow the link you quoted, an address is included where you can send a check.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Sep 03, 2018 4:42 pm 
doh! PCESAR PO Box 11322 Tacoma WA 98411 I clicked on it, but somehow missed that! clown.gif Thanks! (* might try to get to the deal in University Place if I can remember. probably not much I can do - I'm too slow now! *)

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostMon Sep 03, 2018 4:57 pm 
Ski wrote:
(* might try to get to the deal in University Place if I can remember. probably not much I can do - I'm too slow now! *)
Nah, plenty of things you can still do, even if this is an accurate statement. wink.gif

PierceSAR
Pierce County SAR

PierceSAR
Pierce County SAR
PostMon Sep 03, 2018 7:17 pm 
Thank you Yana! Ski - I'm sure you're plenty fast! And thank you for your support. All sorts of opportunities to volunteer ranging from out in the field on wilderness searches, driving the command post vehicles, base ops, to grid searches through the brush at a nice slow pace. Hope to see you and other nwhikers at the orientations!

CrimsonEye

CrimsonEye
PostWed Sep 05, 2018 10:32 pm 
Got the University Place date on my calendar (also have the 1a class a few weeks later on my calendar). Been thinking of getting involved in SAR for a while now. Looking forward to it!

PierceSAR
Pierce County SAR

PierceSAR
Pierce County SAR
PostSun Sep 09, 2018 6:45 pm 
@CrimsonEye - Great! Glad you'll be able to attend the UP orientation. It has been a busy weekend with a couple of out of county callouts. A reminder to all that the first orientation will be held tomorrow at the Graham Pierce County Library branch. 9/10 – Graham 7-8:30pm - 9202 224th St E, Graham, WA 98338 Hope to see some nwhikers there!