Forum Index > Photography Talk > Smugmug buys Flickr
Previous :: Next Topic  
Sore Feet
Random Quippy Bit

Sore Feet
Random Quippy Bit
PostFri Jun 22, 2018 6:26 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
We won't see any significant changes any time soon, I would guess another year at the earliest.  They might be able to decouple the Yahoo account login before then, but not likely there'll be any other major changes for a while.  It needs a lot of work.

--------------
Bryan Swan
Pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryanswan
Waterfalls - www.waterfallsnorthwest.com
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
nordique

nordique
PostWed Sep 12, 2018 9:32 pm 
So far, so good for me, with just 90,00 images on Flickr.  I assume that Flickr's giant user image database will eventually end up in the domain of a friendly site--one that does not make me learn Russian....
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Visit poster's website Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker
PostThu Sep 13, 2018 8:01 am 
Anyone with a Pro account have issues with them doubling the cost to $50 per year?

Anyone without a Pro account finding they don't see $50 a year in value for upgrading to a Pro account?

I am starting to wonder about the value of my Pro account and I am tempted to drop it and live with the ads on a free account.   Am I overlooking a major benefit?

--------------
friluftsliv
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
slood
Daffy Hiker

slood
Daffy Hiker
PostThu Sep 13, 2018 9:54 am 
boot up wrote:
I am starting to wonder about the value of my Pro account and I am tempted to drop it and live with the ads on a free account.

I'm pondering the same thing. My Pro account doesn't come up for renewal until spring 2019, so I have several months to decide. Other than no ads, the main Pro feature I use is the stats page, and I could easily live without that. I'm nowhere near filling up even the 1TB you get with a free account, so I could also live without the unlimited storage space.

For those who use flickr without having a Pro account, how obnoxious are the ads? If they're not too intrusive, I'm leaning toward dropping my Pro subscription.

--------------
My Flickr Photos
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Visit poster's website Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Sore Feet
Random Quippy Bit

Sore Feet
Random Quippy Bit
PostThu Sep 13, 2018 6:03 pm 
I ditched my Pro account years ago.  Absolutely nothing of value added right now.  If you're gonna pay for an account, pay for an actual Smugmug account instead - that way you have an actual personal, customizable website at least.

Ads are not a problem if you use an adblocker.

--------------
Bryan Swan
Pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryanswan
Waterfalls - www.waterfallsnorthwest.com
day_hike_mike

day_hike_mike
PostSat Sep 15, 2018 9:45 am 
Ads? I've never seen an ad on Flickr and I've no Pro account.  Guess they can't be too obtrusive then.  I put my good stuff, not that good yet, on Flickr.  Like the way the app works on my phone and tablet.  Website works OK as well.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Photography Talk > Smugmug buys Flickr
  Happy Birthday mtnrider, PetDrAndrea, Quest for Adrenaline, RockShadow, hikejon!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: