Forum Index > Trail Talk > What has happened to NW Hikers?
Previous :: Next Topic  
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostMon Aug 27, 2018 11:31 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
joker wrote:
Tom wrote:
FiveNines wrote:
The forms are dead.

Forms are dying

It's going to be a looooong slow death, clearly!

The awkward thing is that the author of that post did die. Tom Roy
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Aug 27, 2018 6:41 pm 
It is driven by TRs after seeing my reports either ignored or the place desrroyed I stoped posting. Why bother.?

--------------
"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostTue Aug 28, 2018 10:33 pm 
I never report where I go!!! Feel very strongly the need to be selfish!!! Very friendly on them trails though.

--------------
i go to the FITNESS GYMS!!!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostWed Aug 29, 2018 9:18 am 
BigBrunyon wrote:
I never report where I go!!! Feel very strongly the need to be selfish!!! Very friendly on them trails though.

I'm in this camp...but I won't even tell folks I met on the trail where I've been.  I like my solitude, especially when I go out solo. I work with 45,000 of my closest friends, play in 2-3 bands, am married, so I have no need for extra socialization while out hiking.  I've got my sekrit spots where the hordes don't go, mainly because they don't know about them.  If they took the time to do their own research (like I did) they could figure it out, but I'm not compelled to assist.

--------------
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing"  - Albert Einstein
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostWed Aug 29, 2018 11:14 am 
Amen, brother.

--------------
i go to the FITNESS GYMS!!!
iron
getting old

iron
getting old
PostWed Aug 29, 2018 11:33 am 
Doppelganger wrote:
Yeah, add him to the NWHikers Ostracization Club too. Jamin might have earned some of his final burning at stake, but Josh and Critter were just out there trying to figure things out for themselves. Instead of helping them out, a lot of you just dogpiled them both. Hope Critter ignored you guys too and is still out there like Josh, 10x more passionate than the majority of us  moon.gif

josh had 3-4 years of people trying to help. passionately. eventually, they burned out and said: F it, let him do what he wants. then he had a couple of bad injuries and has wised up a little and gotten in better shape. not sure there was another way for the 'community' to raise him...

--------------
man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle to resist the urge to punch 'em in the face, and for what?

--- moe sizlack
cambajamba

cambajamba
PostWed Aug 29, 2018 1:43 pm 
Those guys were performative and theatrical to get attention and it was super annoying. I agree, this community helped them as much as we could/were able to do.
xrp
Tactical Backpacker

xrp
Tactical Backpacker
PostWed Aug 29, 2018 6:05 pm 
cambajamba wrote:
Those guys were performative and theatrical to get attention and it was super annoying. I agree, this community helped them as much as we could/were able to do.

How? Did Critter force you to watch his videos? Was your ignore button not working?
cambajamba

cambajamba
PostThu Aug 30, 2018 10:08 am 
I kind of enjoy calling people out for being performative and theatrical, couldn't you tell?
timberghost

timberghost
PostFri Aug 31, 2018 4:41 am 
would never have guessed it.
JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest
PostFri Sep 14, 2018 9:06 am 
Athena12345 wrote:
*Yes, this site has been taken over by climbers.

Just to break up the monotony of the many SAR threads, I thought I'd point out that there are some wonderful climbing reports in the trip reports section.  Spider meadows / Lyman lake, Chiwaukums, Pasayten, east slope fall colors, Glacier lake loop, Palouse sampler, and others.  All in the first ten trip reports.  Oh, and the climb up the Queets!  I always look forward to Ski's Queets climbing reports.

Joking sarcasm aside (and Athena12345, I do agree that there are lots of climbing reports - which I also enjoy), I've really enjoyed these recent "fall is starting" trip reports.
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostFri Sep 14, 2018 10:32 am 
Yah! To name a few; Ski posted Part 2 and BrianR went to Charlia Lakes, there’s a great Chiwaukum report, Eagle Cap report, a Kelly Butte report, and logging/wilderness history discussed on the Taylor River report. And in Stewardship, the Morningstar NRCA Draft Trails Plan is posted; it’s up for public comment.

--------------
" I'm really happy about this! … I have very strong good and horrible memories up there."  – oldgranola, NWH’s outdoors advocate.
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostFri Sep 14, 2018 11:31 am 
Thanks for supporting our trip reporters, JonnyQuest and Kim! Sometimes I think that people are so busy being mired down with contentious issues on Trail Talk that they don’t even bother to look at Trip Reports.
I really enjoy reading climbing TR’s because I am not a climber and this way I get to see photos and read hair-raising stories about adventures that I would never be able to do myself.
I suggest that Athena12345 get out on the trail and post some “hiking” trip reports to help balance out the perceived overload of climbing reports. biggrin.gif
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Sep 14, 2018 11:50 am 
I just changed the title of my recent TR to "Seekrit lake N Idaho', so that it doesn't show up so easily in a web search.

--------------
Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostFri Sep 14, 2018 11:54 am 
Including your great fall color report Nancyann.

Re climbers/scrambling; you take someone like Matt, who can do just about anything anywhere on the planet, and during his massive adventures with large views, he notices the beauty of a tiny droplet on a bit of moss, or a swirling bit of fog, and takes the time to post those photos. Also the trail and road conditions, are relevant to all of us. We’re all users of the outdoors, and we all use the roads to trail heads, and most climbs begin at those trail heads and begin on those trails. We might use stoves, tents, jackets, etc. so the gear discussions can be helpful as well.

I personally don’t care about whether a report is a hike or a climb. It’s all good; and with the climbing season being so short, of course there are a lot of climbs posted here in summer.

And the fall color reports, including when larches begin larching….o boy, what great reports come from all of us. Looking forward to them all.

--------------
" I'm really happy about this! … I have very strong good and horrible memories up there."  – oldgranola, NWH’s outdoors advocate.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > What has happened to NW Hikers?
Jump to:   
Search this topic: