Forum Index > Trail Talk > Missing Hiker on Vesper Peak
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
swimz
dudeyeah

swimz
dudeyeah
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 4:12 am 
Well if it is Jessica, that is sad. The family should really take time to grieve and be free from all this kind of negative stuff, but it doest mean stopping the world from the negative speculation and free speech, someone is also trying to stop the free speech over on a thread on Reddit where similar speculation has occurred. Yana was right. Btw, #find sam sayers etc is public. THe struggle for free speech is occurring there too and anyone can see it without being members.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
ahughjass

ahughjass
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 5:24 am 
Schroder wrote:
Yana wrote:
Y'all (more tenured and newer members alike) - I know this is a thought that never gets any traction (I'm feeling strangely hopeful tonight), but perhaps we could refrain from feeding the trolls?
up.gif up.gif
up.gif up.gif

I go to the gym religiously.... Christmas and Easter I love sports-bars. Because they collect all the people I don't want to hang out with and put them in one room.
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Mt.MarcyPB&J

Mt.MarcyPB&J
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 5:43 am 
Yes, trail register, thank you Phil. I heard that it was missing so I thought maybe it did in fact exist and my understanding was that it went missing after that night. I wasn't sure. I was wondering if anyone else had heard or knew. Thank you 😊

jonhw

jonhw
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 5:52 am 
Julia wrote:
Seems fishy that your username, handle, signature & email all have your "name". Almost trying too hard. How many other users do you see here that have to repeat their full first and last names 4 times in a post? Riddle me this, LisaAbrahamFromSammamish? dizzy.gif
Just do a simple Google search and you will find interesting things I don’t think she’s lying about that

Smalldog

Smalldog
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 6:02 am 
I was a member of “Sam’s Warriors/Army and every site that was created for Sam. Logged into the sites every morning, praying, staying positive, reviewing every copter/drone footage until her mom’s last video of each day. All warriors had to be only positive thinkers. Other than still being alive, no other comments or questions were allowed, even though at the same time the mom was consulting with mediums. I was a vested warrior!!’ But, I have a think-out-the-box mind set, due to working in the Judicial System and may have watched too many true detective channels, and began to smell something fishy about the entire operation of #findsamsayers. Her mother invited all warriors to join her MLM site and went viral promoting her business/products, while encouraging them to become consultants. The last thing on my mind, with my daughter missing, would have been to grow my business with the viewers who are now so invested in “America’s Daughter”! Some of the main “players” have become opportunists! What a sad affair. I have an uneasy feeling about the BF. Being on that mountain from day one, marking maps of areas he searched, causes me to wonder if her body could be in one of these areas, should some type of foul play, or in the heat of the moment accident occurred. Just thinking out of the box! Also, I do not understand why so many different GoFundMe accounts! Use one account for everything. With the funds collected, there should be no volunteers, only employed personnel. The only thing left after this “final pursuit push” is finished, is for Kevin and aka What’s his name to start a business from GiFund monies used and left over! The mom has stressed numerous times that she has no income when she does not work and her business amounts to half of the total monthly income. She does continually to have an income from all of her consultants, just not any income from her selling products! Therefore, I feel, this “plays” on the hearts of the warriors. I have empathy for all the family. It is a very sad situation and, hopefully, Sam will be found “miraculously” alive and make millions off of this chapter in her life. Sure hope this is not just another scam! I now only check Sam’s sites once a day to see if she has been found or recovered. As far as the command center on the mountain.... same sentiments as this group. Drinking parties at the end of the day, weapons, military language “over and out”, rules of engagement.....sounds like a militant operation, not a rescue/recovery effort! Thank you for this group and allowing my freedom of speech to be aired!

Loving life!
protectkidz

protectkidz
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 6:02 am 
who the hell is Lisa and how the hell did she end up making this all about her?

Bramble_Scramble

Bramble_Scramble
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 6:13 am 
I attempted Sperry yesterday, first time in the area in a couple years. As soon as I started hiking there was a helicopter flying back and forth but it seemed to be searched the upper Stillaguamish valley. When the helicopter was flying the Vesper basin was socked in so they wouldn't be able to bring more supplies. The camp is set up on the ridge up Vesper just above the Elan outlet. I believe some campsites are near there. I didn't go near the camp so I didn't get a close look. They had a fire burning from the moment I got there at 1pm. I though that was a bit odd considering it was a reasonable.temperature if you weren't in the wind. If they're going to have a fire going 24/7 they're going to need a lot of wood. Also this fire was about 15 feet from they're main shelter so I don't think it was in the wood stove. I was up there from 1-4 and saw 3 or 4 people just hanging around camp the whole time. Don't know how many others were searching but I wouldn't think they would need so many camp cooks. It was a nice day but the weather is changing. I saw fresh snow on the Sperry ridge before the boulderfield.
Lake Elan-Camp at left center

crazyhikerCH

crazyhikerCH
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 6:40 am 
Some members believe it is Jessuca Rice, Kevin Jr.'s sister. The troll comes in nightly like a bad rash.

TheModifiedMom

TheModifiedMom
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 6:40 am 
Hey y'all. Longtime listener, first time caller. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a defector from the FB page.. I've been following both forums since they were started. I was in the FB group when there were less than 100 people in it and I've been here since Page 1. A friend shared Kevin's original Facebook post about Sam not returning from her hike and I've kind of been following it obsessively. This whole situation has unraveled into something that I'm betting Sam would absolutely hate. I've been so drawn to this story because I feel a strong connection with Sam. I'm no longer living in Washington, but I know in my heart that if my partner and I had ever met Sam and Kevin we would've become very close. We're the same age and our interests and values are aligned for Sam/me Kevin/my partner, respectively. She and I have so many similarities in our personalities.. and I spent a good chunk of time shaved completely bald as well. Instead of having alopecia (an autoimmune disease that attacks hair follicles), I have trichotillomania and compulsively pull hair out. In Kevin's defence, I know that if I were in Sam's shoes my partner would be doing the same thing he is. The frantic panic in the beginning (heading up the mountain at night and the crazy Ziploc drops everywhere) and now the base camp and refusal to stop until she's found. This is how Kevin is coping. This is how my partner would cope. I can have sympathy for him while still being peeved about the destruction of the vegetation. I don't really have much to contribute. Just wanted to say hi and tell my story on why I'm following this so closely. I hope they find her soon and end this circus so the friends and family can start processing their grief and the mountain can start recovering. Be safe, y'all.

"I'm constantly sitting on the thin line between ethereal and feral."
rbuzby
Attention Surplus

rbuzby
Attention Surplus
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 6:43 am 
Bramble_Scramble wrote:
I attempted Sperry yesterday, first time in the area in a couple years. As soon as I started hiking there was a helicopter flying back and forth but it seemed to be searched the upper Stillaguamish valley. When the helicopter was flying the Vesper basin was socked in so they wouldn't be able to bring more supplies. The camp is set up on the ridge up Vesper just above the Elan outlet. I believe some campsites are near there. I didn't go near the camp so I didn't get a close look. They had a fire burning from the moment I got there at 1pm. I though that was a bit odd considering it was a reasonable.temperature if you weren't in the wind. If they're going to have a fire going 24/7 they're going to need a lot of wood. Also this fire was about 15 feet from they're main shelter so I don't think it was in the wood stove. I was up there from 1-4 and saw 3 or 4 people just hanging around camp the whole time. Don't know how many others were searching but I wouldn't think they would need so many camp cooks. It was a nice day but the weather is changing. I saw fresh snow on the Sperry ridge before the boulderfield.
Mountain goats from Olympic National Park are being relocated to that area. Some were released near Stillaguamish peak. That's the chopper you saw, I think. We know this gang is full of it. So it's not surprising some of them are sitting around up there, not taking advantage of decent weather while it lasts. But it's actually a good thing. We don't want them getting lost or hurt. Then the real pros would have to respond again.

MidwestGirl

MidwestGirl
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 6:51 am 
I have been lurking since the whole Sam Sayers thing - especially the way things are on FB. Thank you for being a beacon of reasonableness, truth and honesty. Live in the midwest, but we enjoy all our trips out west and hiking with our kids - we are NOT mountaineers or hikers. Just recreational for now. A couple things - Lisa is NOT Jessica. They both have separate FB profiles accessed from the FSS FB Group. Lisa - please, you are embarrassing yourself. It is painful to watch. And congrats on your lawyer, ran it by mine in my household and nothing on here is a threat or slander to you. Things were only offered as possibilities. You are lucky you get a voice here, no one gets one on FSS. Her mom just said they are accountable to no one for the money, any questions or suggestions Sam is deceased will be deleted and all commenting shut off. Additionally, Lisa, I actually think your time would be better spent on the mountain trying to find Sam since you believe she is alive. Since you believe that, time is of the essence before winter sets in. Step away from the keyboard and join the search party. Just some thoughts....I will keep reading, but won't post much at all.

Raineycat24
Raineycat24

Raineycat24
Raineycat24
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 6:56 am 
I so agree. I didn't/Don't understand the need. Seems would be more proactive to hike light and be moving. For "experienced" people ......

Cathy Hall
Raineycat24
Raineycat24

Raineycat24
Raineycat24
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 7:31 am 
Exactly why I came to the forum searching. I couldn't be the only one seeing this! Anything that isn't prayers, love, and light is dismissed. It's a movement not a recovery. A scary movement.

Cathy Hall
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 7:36 am 
You people are all way too invested in this story. May I suggest going to a mariners game or watching one on TV. They’re the best! True to the blue! Goodbye baseball!!!

Doppelganger

Doppelganger
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 7:47 am 

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.