Forum Index > Trail Talk > Missing Hiker on Vesper Peak
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Grub hub
Grub hub

Grub hub
Grub hub
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 11:04 pm 
Pahoehoe wrote:
crazyhikerCH wrote:
On the Websleuths thread #2 the drone operator shared his experiences with the family and the search around page 21 for anyone who's interested. We are pretty much right on the money.
Websleuths verify people so it a day or so it will be known if its really the drone guy. I question because he spelled his last name wrong and commented, and just thecway it reads... It it is him its pretty telling, though.
I thought I was in a timeout wink.gif tongue.gif Glad its up and running again. Pahoehoe, he mentions the misspelling and I'm really pretty darn sure it is him. He outed BC on his Facebook a few weeks ago bc of the military thing. Steve is also willing and wanting to get verified by Webseluths so i think its all good. Funny, he said today they were done by 2 pm and off the mountain to grab dinner.

Keep it real...
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Exmoor

Exmoor
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 11:18 pm 
SomeHikerDude wrote:
Is this map of the search area accurate? Seeing as Sam was last seen heading south-southwest from the summit the un-searched southern drainage seems like an obvious place her body might be.
Following up on this old post that I didn't see any response to from yesterday. I can't speak to the veracity of any of the annotations. I'm skeptical at best that cell phone pings can be narrowed down to that small of an area, especially in a place with almost no cell phone signal and lots of mountains to reflect off of. The Sultan river drainage to the south was the primary focus of the search efforts. I'd be curious to hear actual SAR folks give their input, but this area seemed fairly ideal to search as far as locations in the remote cascades go because there were pretty limited places she could be if she was alive and moving. Assuming she didn't want to start climbing steep mountains that she knew weren't her way home she was going either going north, where she would fairly quickly hit a road, or south. The south drainage is by no means small, but it is limited and if you hike downhill you hit Spada Lake fairly quickly. Previous lost Vesper Peak hikers have done exactly that. It was also an ideal time to get lost. Hot and dry for most of early August and there would have been some berries that could at least help with the hunger. The fact that they never found any evidence that she'd been in that drainage is why many think she probably fell of the mountain near the top, likely while taking a selfie.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Copperhead
Copperhead

Copperhead
Copperhead
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 11:23 pm 
It's going to get cold ,and they have to get all there cameo gear off the mountain. that's going to be fun . nopity.gif

I'm allergic to everything
Bramble_Scramble

Bramble_Scramble
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 11:25 pm 
rbuzby wrote:
Mountain goats from Olympic National Park are being relocated to that area. Some were released near Stillaguamish peak. That's the chopper you saw, I think. We know this gang is full of it. So it's not surprising some of them are sitting around up there, not taking advantage of decent weather while it lasts. But it's actually a good thing. We don't want them getting lost or hurt. Then the real pros would have to respond again.
I realize they are relocating goats but I'm not sure that's what this was. I saw nothing hanging from it to or from the valley unless the goat was inside which wouldn't match up with the pictures I've seen. It was odd though because I saw the helicopter hover above me and then enter and re-enter the valley 3 times in about 10-15 minutes. I wouldn't think they would load the goats so fast but I don't know. The last time I did Sperry I saw a goat hanging out on the snow in the boulderfield and knowing they're relocating goats I expected to see at least one. I didn't any sign of them, I wonder if these relocated goats are scared of the area because of the constant human presence since they arrived.

fourteen410

fourteen410
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 11:36 pm 
So what was up with NWH being offline all day?

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 11:39 pm 
fourteen410 wrote:
That was weird, huh. I couldn't get my fix.

BdCast

BdCast
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 11:49 pm 
Your extended mountain forecast for Vesper Peak.... https://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Vesper-Peak/forecasts/1894

crazyhikerCH

crazyhikerCH
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 11:58 pm 
olderthanIusedtobe wrote:
fourteen410 wrote:
That was weird, huh. I couldn't get my fix.
Me either and I was rather annoyed! hihi.gif lol According to Websleuths our site did updates a few days ago and things didnt work as planned or thats at least the word on the street

crazyhikerCH

crazyhikerCH
PostFri Sep 21, 2018 12:10 am 
BdCast wrote:
Your extended mountain forecast for Vesper Peak.... https://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Vesper-Peak/forecasts/1894
Looks like they are going to need more than just that tent soon! Lisa Sayers did say tonight that her and Ron are frustrated with all the lost search time. Maybe she is finally realizing the fake Rambos are sitting on their butts, drinking and drugging (per the drone operator on Websleuths) instead of looking for poor Sam. He said they were off the mountain and going to get something to eat by 2pm today and that he was invited to eat several times by them but always declined. She mentioned that Saturday isnt looking good for the search.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Sep 21, 2018 12:20 am 
fourteen410 wrote:
This morning our host told us the server was down as they were working on "hardware issues". I followed up with them tonight and they said that was a miscommunication, and it was due to the spike in traffic. Currently evaluating alternatives to allow the open discussion to continue while stabilizing the server.

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostFri Sep 21, 2018 1:11 am 
Bramble_Scramble wrote:
I realize they are relocating goats but I'm not sure that's what this was.
You might have observed ops related to this activity in Gothic Basin (dates slightly adjusted for whatever reason). https://www.wta.org/news/signpost/expect-helicopters-drones-in-gothic-basin-in-coming-weeks BTW - that was a lovely photo of Lake Elan, if it's yours - great lighting, lovely composition. You could be another Jim Dockery. smile.gif

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Bramble_Scramble

Bramble_Scramble
PostFri Sep 21, 2018 4:14 am 
Anne Elk wrote:
BTW - that was a lovely photo of Lake Elan, if it's yours - great lighting, lovely composition. You could be another Jim Dockery. smile.gif
Thank you but that was just a quick shot on my LG G6. Main reason I goat thiss phone was for the good camera. It also takes very wide degree shots.

Grub hub
Grub hub

Grub hub
Grub hub
PostFri Sep 21, 2018 6:31 am 
Copperhead wrote:
It's going to get cold ,and they have to get all there cameo gear off the mountain. that's going to be fun . nopity.gif
Another Gofundme?

Keep it real...
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Sep 21, 2018 7:10 am 
That quoted post from the lying moron who runs the facebook page takes the cake. They have hired an environmental expert who says everything will die when the snow comes anyway? And then says "so be it" to damage? And written like a dimwitted child. Pathetic.

Doppelganger

Doppelganger
PostFri Sep 21, 2018 7:48 am 

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.