Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Movie reviews
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostTue Sep 11, 2018 11:01 pm 
Oceans 8 didn't really grab me, I was getting kinda bored with it. It really picked up at the end but they waited too long to flip the switch. It gets better about the time James Corden shows up. The other Oceans movies w/ George Clooney always saved something for the end, but those were more fun getting to that point IMO.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 11:35 pm 
Watched the latest Jurassic World last night. Entertaining I guess but totally unnecessary and soulless. Much of the movie took place in a mansion which seemed like too enclosed of a setting, kind of a weird choice. Chris Pratt is pretty much always charming and engaging. This franchise really should die but it keeps making money at the box office so they'll keep making them. The ending was open ended enough to allow them to keep making sequels indefinitely. Meh.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Sep 20, 2018 11:37 pm 
If you enjoyed "Kung Fu Hustle," I'd recommend "Tai Chi Zero." A bit similar with the mix of martial arts action and whimsy and humor. Also a bit of steam punk and even a bit of the same vibe as "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World." It has a direct sequel "Tai Chi Hero" that I now need to watch.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSat Sep 22, 2018 4:53 pm 
Fahrenheit 11/9 interesting film making up.gif up.gif please no politics

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostThu Sep 27, 2018 8:50 pm 
Enjoyed "A house with a clock in its walls" - reminded me a bit of the Goosebumps movie, but that's probably just because it was a bit creepy and had Jack Black!

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostThu Sep 27, 2018 8:52 pm 
olderthanIusedtobe wrote:
Watched the latest Jurassic World last night. Entertaining I guess but totally unnecessary and soulless. Much of the movie took place in a mansion which seemed like too enclosed of a setting, kind of a weird choice. Chris Pratt is pretty much always charming and engaging. This franchise really should die but it keeps making money at the box office so they'll keep making them. The ending was open ended enough to allow them to keep making sequels indefinitely. Meh.
I'm looking forward to those sequels lol - I absolutely loved "Fallen Kingdom"!

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Sep 28, 2018 9:07 am 
NacMacFeegle wrote:
I'm looking forward to those sequels lol - I absolutely loved "Fallen Kingdom"!
Probably more people agree with you than me, like I said the franchise is going to continue. Glad you enjoyed it.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Sep 30, 2018 8:37 pm 
"Terminal" was an odd, twisty movie that keeps you off guard. Not great but Margot Robbie shines in it, made it worth watching. She's underrated as an actress I think. I haven't seen Mike Myers in a movie in forever, he popped up in this.

NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostFri Oct 05, 2018 6:39 pm 
Tucker & Dale vs. Evil is a genuinely great film and hilarious funny horror spoof! There are few movies where I've found myself laughing all the way through, and this was one of them!

Toni

Toni
PostFri Oct 05, 2018 7:45 pm 
up.gif up.gif up.gif Loved Lady Gaga in "A Star Is Born"

There is no Planet B
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Oct 06, 2018 12:24 pm 
"Like Sunday, Like Rain" is a small budget indie I'd never heard of until recently, just watched it. I enjoyed it. I've only seen her in a few films but I really like Leighton Meester. She plays a down on her luck 20 something trying to figure her life out. Stumbles into a job as a nanny for a 12 year old musical and mathematical prodigy. The boy understandably has a hard time relating to his peers and doesn't have much in the way of friends. The movie is about the friendship and bond that develops between the two. I thought it was well done. Debra Messing was the boy's demanding and distracted mother, and Billie Joe Armstrong from the band Greenday had a bit part as Meester's jerky boyfriend/ex-boyfriend.

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostSat Oct 06, 2018 8:54 pm 
Just saw Venom, and I thought it was great! (Don't listen to the poor critics reviews. They've whiffed this time.) Very entertaining, and surprisingly funny once it gets going. Tom Hardy is superb. Highly recommended. up.gif

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Oct 08, 2018 2:34 pm 
Another up.gif up.gif for A Star is Born ⭐️ Lady Gaga was great.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Oct 08, 2018 10:27 pm 
"Kidnapping Mr. Heineken" (2014) I don't remember hearing anything about when it came out, don't know if it was in theaters or direct to video. Several well known actors in it. Based on a true story. Well done, interesting movie. Worth checking out. It's about exactly what it sounds like, kidnapping the guy from the beer company for a huge ransom in the early 80s in Netherlands.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Oct 12, 2018 3:45 pm 
Free Solo up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif National Geographic documentary on first free solo of El Cap excellent character study of Alex Honnold. Cover your eyes if not a climber.