Forum Index > Stewardship > Vesper Peak Stewardship
Previous :: Next Topic  
wiki summary

This wiki post can be edited by any member

wiki summary

This wiki post can be edited by any member
PostMon Sep 24, 2018 11:53 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Please keep this topic within the boundaries of stewardship. Feel free to link alternative discussions below in this wiki post but do NOT spam this topic with such discussion or invite requests.  Such posts will be deleted.

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Washington/comments/9erxip/sam_sayers_still_missing_in_washington/
2nd Reddit Thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/SeattleWA/comments/9hc0em/missing_hiker_on_vesper_peak_chaos_in_the_cascades/
Teton Gravity:  https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/321860
Facebook:  Official page and alternative facebook group no longer public

New Facebook study group created by Steve Monchak on 10/8  The Truth of the Sam Sayers Case
https://www.facebook.com/groups/698480987181194/

Wiki summmary last edited by BugGurl747 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:51 am (this post can be edited by any member)
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
rbuzby
Attention Surplus

rbuzby
Attention Surplus
PostThu Oct 11, 2018 6:49 am 
pula58 wrote:
Are the signs along the trail, or at trailhead, or....please describe. Thanks

Along the Mountain Loop Highway, next to signs for turnoffs to trailheads, and at trailheads.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Schroder

Schroder
PostThu Oct 11, 2018 8:49 am 
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostThu Oct 11, 2018 2:31 pm 
philfort wrote:
Their "advanced base camp" plans were approved by the forest service, and they got an extension on the 14-day continuous maximum stay.

Thanks Philfort.

--------------
Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Oct 11, 2018 8:24 pm 
I went up there today.  Kind of a last minute decision.  I didn't look real hard, but honestly didn't see much in the way of signs that a group had been camping up there for an extended time.  They did better than I assumed, I have to eat my words.
snowmonkey

snowmonkey
PostSat Oct 13, 2018 7:06 am 
Thatís ok to eat your words in this case- Iím glad it appeared better than anticipated!
thxII38

thxII38
PostSat Oct 13, 2018 7:31 am 
olderthanIusedtobe wrote:
I went up there today.  Kind of a last minute decision.  I didn't look real hard, but honestly didn't see much in the way of signs that a group had been camping up there for an extended time.  They did better than I assumed, I have to eat my words.

Just a guess, but I think with all the "chatter" about the concern for the environment, from all the skeptical comments, that may have influenced them to do the best job they could to "prove" that their intention was always to LNT.

Regardless, it is good to read that the area appears to be in good shape.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Stewardship > Vesper Peak Stewardship
  Happy Birthday uproar!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: