Forum Index > Trip Reports > Another Forgotten Tr on Mt Forgotten 10/20/18
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ozzy
The hard way

ozzy
The hard way
PostSun Oct 21, 2018 11:30 pm 
Man, this is one sweet weather window we've been havin lately! hockeygrin.gif I was kinda caught off guard and decided to do one thats been on the list for awhile. Mt Forgotten, its prominence has always intrigued me, its popularity not so much lol! I brought a partner in crime with me, Aaron, this was his 2nd hike with me. I was stoked as hell to get some sweet views of the mountain loop area, but i was probably more stoked just to get Aaron up in the alpine! rocker.gif I really enjoy seeing the average Joe's reaction to the scenery, I dont know it reminds me of how I feel everytime I get out in the mountains! Anyhow i know its a pouplar trail so i keeps it short and sweet. Started at the parking lot, same as the dickerman th but on opposite side of lot. Its 3mi to perry creek falls, then another 2mi to forgotten meadows, 1mi to summit from there. 10 people seen the whole day, mostly around summit area. 8am leave car, 1pm summit, 6pm car. It was a leisurely trip, at least the way down. Weather was freaking awesome and we made the meadows in -3hrs! Once in the open we had our first views of Forgotten! Aaron had a new found sense of stoke! He was ready to get up this burly little rock!
Forgotten and Whitechuck, baker and shuksan
Forgotten and Whitechuck, baker and shuksan
Oh damn
Oh damn
GP framed
GP framed
Forgotten from meadows
Forgotten from meadows
Pugh and GP
Pugh and GP
Walkin through the meadows you eventually reach the end and have to drop down on a climbers path. You lose about 200ft and traverse about .5mi on the E slope of Forgotten. The trail is easy to follow. The views the Sauk river valley are amazing the whole way! I always get caught up in trying to climb taller and gnarlier peaks all the time, i gotta say that i get the same feeling no matter what peak im on and Forgotten was Badass!! cheers.gif After the traverse you come to a killer little basin that sits 500ft or so below said peak. Nice little tarn and camping. We took the left gully and it went mostly class 2 all the way to the top. The views are wide open in the MLH! Pugh, Whitechuck, Bedal, Sloan, Gp, just to name a few!! I guess you could say that it exceeded expectations! When we got to the top i did the traverse to the summit with the bronze mounty register, it went easier than expected. I traversed to the most easterly peak thinking it was higher, it wasnt. Aaron was pretty amped to get up there! Even more so we were ready to sit down, eat, and sip on some of Kentucky's finest! Jim Beam of course! We spent about 2hrs up there takin it all in! The views towards 3 fingers and whitehorse were amazing, and the cloud layer over the sound was sweet too!
On de climbers path
On de climbers path
Path views
Path views
Awesomeness
Awesomeness
Aaron in gully
Aaron in gully
The tarn just below summit and beyond
The tarn just below summit and beyond
Aaron on summit ridge
Aaron on summit ridge
Aaron on summit
Aaron on summit
Reg acquired
Reg acquired
Gendarmes, lookin E
Gendarmes, lookin E
Aaron chillin above the sauk
Aaron chillin above the sauk
Stillaguamish pk on left
Stillaguamish pk on left
Me, pugh, gp
Me, pugh, gp
Well we made our way back down rather slowly soaking it all in, what a cool little niche in this awesome state! Both our spirits had been cleansed for the day so we made the trek back to the car content in every way! (Thinking about how tasty that hamburger is gonna be at the burger king ) Cheers and safe travels to all!! drink.gif
Goin down
Goin down
Shadows and pugh
Shadows and pugh
Bottom of gully
Bottom of gully
Basin views
Basin views
Basin view
Basin view
Colors on climbers path
Colors on climbers path
Path
Path
Traversing
Traversing
GP
GP
We were der man
We were der man
Obligatory cheers to the mountain shot!
Obligatory cheers to the mountain shot!
Meadow tarn
Meadow tarn
Crooked lol sorry
Crooked lol sorry
Hall pk and beams
Hall pk and beams

“I don’t know what’s gonna happen, but I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames”-Mr Mojo Risin
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Oct 21, 2018 11:45 pm 
up.gif I have a feeling that of all the people that visit Forgotten Meadows, not that many of them end up on the actual summit of Forgotten. See any recently transplanted Olympics goats up there?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message