Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > RIP Larry Anderson 1940-2018
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Oct 24, 2018 2:22 pm 
Larry Anderson, a world-class artist and sculptor, has passed on. His works adorn some public places here in Tacoma, as well as up along Hwy 410 as one enters Bonney Lake near the top of Elhi Hill. Larry taught me how to paint with egg tempera, and an ancient medium used by the Egyptians made with beeswax and ground pigments in an NEA-funded summer arts program at Lincoln High School in 1970. He has always, for me, been a cherished source of inspiration. Larry will be missed by many. Tacoma is lucky to have had him as one of its great talents. Tribune Obituary 10/19/18 Tribune Obituary 10/20/18 (includes locations of some of his works)

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostFri Oct 26, 2018 6:36 pm 
Ski wrote:
He has always, for me, been a cherished source of inspiration.
ski, I am sorry for your loss. That's a great obituary in the News Tribune. I certainly remember this work of his: ▪ “New Beginnings” — a newly arriving gent in the bowler hat — in front of Union Station. I lived in Tacoma for a number of years and remember the renovation of the Union Station. That piece of sculpture and I arrived about the same time--early 1984 for me. Thanks for sharing this. His art is a great legacy. ~z

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message