Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Jordan
y

Jordan
y
PostFri Oct 05, 2018 11:33 am 
DIYSteve wrote:
8-8 is optimistic with Earl Thomas, the best Seahawks defensive player of all time, out for the season
I'd give the best to Kam when he was at his best. I like the heavy hits he used to put on Vernon Davis just about every game. Earl was a great player though. The chops he used to put on the runners arm at the goal line is the greatest move ever.

none
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostFri Oct 05, 2018 12:38 pm 
Kam was a big hitter and a great strong safety, but he did not force every team to change its offensive game plan every game as ET did. ET may well have the biggest range of any FS in NFL history. I hope he comes back and gets in a few more years because he belongs in the HOF. ETA: Forbes: The Seahawks Are Underestimating Earl Thomas And How Long Great Safeties Play
Quote:
there should be no mistaking the truth: Earl Thomas is the most accomplished free safety in the NFL today; his closest peers are the best safeties in NFL history

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Oct 07, 2018 6:15 pm 
Got a free ticket to the game today. Entertaining, but came up a bit short at the end. A whole lot better than last year when the Rams came to town, I was at that one too. Perhaps one of the worst games in Seahawks history. For anyone watching on TV, did Brandin Cooks get knocked unconscious briefly just before halftime? It looked like it from where I was sitting. I don't think he returned in the 2nd half, neither did Cooper Kupp who was just killing the Hawks in the first half.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Oct 07, 2018 6:38 pm 
Both of them were out with concussions. Good game, one the Hawks certainly could have won. By the end of the game I think their offense got a little bit too predictable. Would have loved to see Wilson keep the ball on a few of the handoffs. Penalties really killed them in the end.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Oct 07, 2018 6:54 pm 
Yeah it looked like the bootleg would've been wide open with lots of running room for Wilson all day if he would've kept the ball on one of those handoffs. 2 consecutive penalties killed that last drive and took them out of FG range. Ouch. Carson and Davis were a nice 1-2 punch in the backfield. It seemed like Gurley had a big game but Carson outgained him by a fair bit. I was fairly surprised when I got home and looked up stats.

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostSun Oct 07, 2018 8:25 pm 
I thought it was a good game. I didn't think we stood a chance going into it so I was happy to see them in it with minutes to go. The Rams are a serious SB contender. The O line played well, didn't hear Ifedi's name called much at all, and we had a run game which set up the passing game. I think our biggest mistake was calling a time out on their 4th and inches. I had a feeling they were going to go for it and I didn't think we'd be able to stop them. I wonder what sort of negative impact ET's presence has had on the locker room. They're awfully tight-lipped so I doubt nothing would come out. I'll miss his play making ability but it'll be nice to have the last bit of remaining negativity gone from the locker room.

tmatlack

tmatlack
PostMon Oct 08, 2018 3:47 am 
Wilson is hurt. Bad hammy. You could see it on a semi-busted play wide right as he tried to lead block way down field. There was no Seahawk pass rush in 2nd half. Tom

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Oct 08, 2018 11:19 am 
tmatlack wrote:
There was no Seahawk pass rush in 2nd half.
I think that was pretty much the difference in the game, Goff had all day to throw, while Wilson, as usual was running for his life. I also wonder why Wilson didn't run more, and it seems that he doesn't escape tacklers while scrambling like he has in the past. Most of that is likely because the defenses have adjusted.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostSun Oct 28, 2018 5:44 pm 
Dominant performance by the Hawks! Carroll’s mini rebuild is looking smarter every week. What a pleasure to see an effective dominant O line after so many years. Carson is really impressive in his physical style; IMO the best back we have had since Marshawn... The next month should be interesting; some serious likely playoff bound teams to play in November. I am liking what I am seeing though! GO HAWKS

gb

gb
PostMon Oct 29, 2018 7:46 am 
They are definitely a team that is rapidly on the rise. The Huskies on the other hand are serious underperformers.

cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostWed Oct 31, 2018 5:36 pm 
Gb: The Huskies definitely laid an egg. I wasn’t expecting such a lackluster performance either....If this team has any mettle they will win Saturday for a real showdown in the Palouse....

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostWed Oct 31, 2018 5:46 pm 
cascadetraverser wrote:
Carroll’s mini rebuild is looking smarter every week.
No doubt Pete has always had an eye for talent at affordable prices

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostSun Nov 04, 2018 4:44 pm 
Utterly awful throw by RW for the pick 6 with <7 minutes left in regulation. WTF? Hawks gonna need a miracle to pull this one out.

raising3hikers

raising3hikers
PostSun Nov 04, 2018 5:20 pm 
I hope they don't sign Wilson for a 30million plus a year extension. He's not elite. Money better spent elsewhere

Eric Eames
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostSun Nov 04, 2018 5:28 pm 
RW is a very good QB and won a Super Bowl, but yeah he is a HUGE salary cap suck.