Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > What do you put in your ear?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostSat Nov 03, 2018 5:21 pm 
You know, in addition to the car-key to remove that pesky earwax. eyes.gif For some good tunes, man! Obviously, not while hiking hink.gif nono.gif (That discussion can be found on another thread.) I've always "settled" for the Apple earbuds that come with the product. When I compromise them by inevitably yanking the cord on a kitchen drawer handle or other fixture, I can still buy another for under $30. I also have some random Bose lightweight headphones, but still looking to up my listening satisfaction a bit. suuure.gif From reviews, seems the more expensive wireless AirPods are similar in sound quality, but I would probably end up misplacing one of them. uhh.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostSat Nov 03, 2018 5:58 pm 
I use a Bluetooth ear bud like this. I'm single-side deaf (inner ear removed, #8 cranial nerve severed 5+ years ago) so I can use only one ear bud. Sound quality is quite good. FTR, I listen more to podcasts than music. Are you looking for buds or headphones? Either way, wireless is the way to go to avoid wires.

PorcupinePhobia
Murse

PorcupinePhobia
Murse
PostSat Nov 03, 2018 6:46 pm 
DIY, I know this is off topic but I'd be interested in hearing the story behind that surgery if you don't mind telling it huh.gif you don't hear that very often (no pun intended)

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat Nov 03, 2018 8:03 pm 
I had to get earbuds because of the horrible music they play at the gym. I've found them nice to have on rainy neighborhood walks when I need to get out, too. I must not be very sensitive to quality because the $10 ones from the discount store work as well for me as friends' expensive ones. But my advice would be to choose based on features like battery life, and fit if you have the opportunity to try them in.

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostSun Nov 04, 2018 4:00 pm 
PorcupinePhobia wrote:
DIY, I know this is off topic but I'd be interested in hearing the story behind that surgery if you don't mind telling it huh.gif you don't hear that very often (no pun intended)
I'll shoot you a PM

NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostWed Nov 07, 2018 10:26 pm 
I got some really nice bluetooth Bose earbuds last year, and they're so much better than any of the cheaper earbuds I've ever tried! Whats more, they seem to be super durable, they work as well today as when they were new.

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostWed Nov 07, 2018 11:05 pm 
I keep two options in my work computer bag, as I tend to work in alternate locations. 1. Regular Apple Lightning Corded headphones. Handy for long conference calls. No messing around with charging, batteries, or special storage containers. 2. Bose Quite Comfort Noise Canceling Bluetooth. I occasionaly take a long bus ride to a distant work location. Makes for a much more enjoyable ride not hearing any motor or road noise. Not ideal for anything active due to the size, but perfect for times when you want to remove all the world around you. I don't use either at home, so no kitchen hazards. My telecommute desk has a pair of Presonus powered monitors. I have a main audio system in the front room with Magnepans.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostSun Sep 18, 2022 7:22 pm 
Old thread...Well, since my daughter gifted me AirPods Pro a few years ago, I've been untangled and happy as a clam. Eventually I will get the newer ones with longer "life". I have really been enjoying my Soundcore Motion+ bluetooth speakers on the deck this year. Their true test will come when I blast them across a mountain meadow some evening. I'm sure the hikers in the area will give me a good review. eyes.gif
The beer can is only to give an idea of the size. rolleyes.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)

kite