Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > live music thread?
Previous :: Next Topic  
Ski
><((((>

Ski

><((((>
PostMon Aug 06, 2018 4:55 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
.... well... it was 1976, and there were other aromas that were equally as powerful. wink.gif

--------------
"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. 
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail

PostMon Aug 06, 2018 7:00 pm 
Ski wrote:
.... well... it was 1976, and there were other aromas that were equally as powerful. wink.gif

You were taking a chance back then (but risk and defiance is intoxicating in and of itself). My wife said the air was thick at Red Rocks last night. But the thrill is sort of gone when it is legal.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe

PostSat Sep 29, 2018 11:19 pm 
I hadn't been to the Paramount Theater in forever, I couldn't really remember what it was like.  Saw Chvrches (not a mispelling) there tonight.  Not among the best shows I've been to, but I enjoyed it.  They are synth pop/electronic.  Most of their stuff is fairly mellow.  I shouldn't be surprised by now, almost everybody is louder and more aggressive in concert.  You can get a synth or keyboard to be as loud as you want it to be.  My ears are still ringing a little bit more than an hour later.  They plowed through a bunch of songs, played pretty much all of the ones I really wanted to hear.  Joked around a bit between songs.  It was hard to understand them though.  In interviews I can follow what they are saying well enough but tonight it was hit and miss.  They are from Glasgow, Scotland.

I'm back at the Paramount again 48 hours later, after having not been there for easily over a decade I think.  First Aid Kit was here back in January, playing Seattle again for the second time this year.  Not gonna miss that.
Ski
><((((>

Ski

><((((>
PostSat Sep 29, 2018 11:47 pm 
The Paramount has been restored to its former glory and is nothing like the seedy dilapidated concert hall it was.
Trust me, John McLaughlin and the Mahavishnu Orchestra were just as loud in the late 1970s as anything today.
Your ears (like mine) are just older. wink.gif

--------------
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe

PostMon Oct 01, 2018 10:19 pm 
OK, after seeing shows at the Paramount twice in the last 3 days, I think I like the Moore better.  The Paramount is a beautiful building but I think the sound is better at the Moore.  First Aid Kit was really good tonight but I think it was a better show at the Moore back in January.  Seemed like a fairly different set list than last time, that was nice.
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe

PostFri Oct 19, 2018 1:46 pm 
Ever seen concert tickets go on sale a year in advance before?  What the heck?!  I've gotten fairly into symphonic and goth metal this year.  Almost all of the bands are European, and they don't tour the U.S. very often.  One band that has a bunch of songs I like (Delain) is playing El Corazon in October 2019 and the tickets go on sale in a couple weeks.  I can't remember ever seeing tickets on sale that far before the event.  Can't wrap my head around it.
Ski
><((((>

Ski

><((((>
PostFri Oct 19, 2018 10:59 pm 
Months, yes, but not a year.
I've got a flyer from Broadway Center that's been sitting here for over a month - pitching their upcoming performances, but it only goes out to February 26th.
I suppose I should get around to ordering some tickets if there are any good seats still available for "Kinky Boots"eek.gif

--------------
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe

PostSun Oct 21, 2018 2:15 pm 
Yeah I usually get tickets 3-4 months in advance, maybe 6 tops.  Can't recall seeing anything like it.  Tour dates usually aren't announced that far ahead of time.
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 10:27 pm 
Off to Ballard again, but not the Tractor Tavern this time.  No parking ticket either.  Sunset Tavern, Still Corners.  Good show, saw them a couple years ago at Barboza on Capitol Hill.  The singer has a lovely voice, unfortunately she was drowned out by the guitar and drums at times (and she drowned herself out with keyboards as well).  When I could hear her distinctly she sounded great.  It's a tiny venue, but it was sold out and the crowd was really into it.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > live music thread?
Jump to:   
Search this topic: