Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Free Solo: El Cap
Previous :: Next Topic  
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk

BrontosaurusTheorist
PostMon Oct 29, 2018 1:43 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Thanks for posting this, Ian.  More grist for the ruminating mill about something incomprehensible to most of us mere mortals.

--------------
"There are yahoos out there.  Itís why we canít have nice things."  - Tom Mahood
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
gb

gb

PostMon Oct 29, 2018 7:29 pm 
I watched the movie tonight and was white-knuckled for many of the climbing scenes. The most interesting part is trying to comprehend (can't say understand) the motivations and drive of Honnold, and being privy to the emotions regarding what could easily have been his death of the photographers and his friends and girlfriend. As far as the climbing, so little of it looked to be in the realm of possibility that it was hard to relate.

The images of El Cap taken from near the top as he finished his climb were otherworldly and beautiful.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
ScottP

ScottP

PostThu Nov 08, 2018 6:05 pm 
A look at the 'Boulder Problem' crux from different perspectives. The first scene in this video clip shows one version of the crux which includes a two handed lunge.
The second version, with the blonde, pony-tailed follower, is the upward thumb press/karate kick version, which is the one Alex chose.
I don't care how much you rehearse a route, IMO that karate kick version could go either way for anybody, any day of the week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FymkiD1Me7g&feature=youtu.be&t=2m46s
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath

Faster than light
PostFri Nov 09, 2018 1:57 pm 
This is an incredibly morbid thought, but maybe worth considering if you haven't seen this yet.

I can't help feeling Alex isn't long for this world.  I'm glad I saw the movie (and will see it again), I'm also glad he's alive.  I think if he had perished on another climb, Free Solo would be a very different movie, harder and sadder to watch.  Go see it now.
Cosmic Sun Beam
Ryan C

Cosmic Sun Beam

Ryan C
PostFri Nov 09, 2018 2:25 pm 
Super inspiring to watch this guy climb. Made me become a member a Stones Garden so I can get better.

--------------
Nature melts away all worries
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Free Solo: El Cap
Jump to:   
Search this topic: