Forum Index > Support & Feedback > How to include images in your posts
Previous :: Next Topic  
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk

BrontosaurusTheorist
PostSun Nov 11, 2018 1:56 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Sorry, I should have been more specific.  It's not super obvious/intuitive.  After you log in, click on the camera icon at the top right of the page, and in the drop-down, select "Settings".  From there, go to "Privacy & Permissions" and then hit the edit button on the right on the "Hiding from public search" section, and once you're in there, make sure that the box next to "Hide your photos from searches on 3rd party sites" is un-clicked.

I'm not a big fan of social media-sharing-anything, so you might want to spend some time on all the account pages to make sure you have the privacy level that you want.

--------------
"There are yahoos out there.  Itís why we canít have nice things."  - Tom Mahood
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Tom
Admin

Tom

Admin
PostSun Nov 11, 2018 2:58 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
rhughes wrote:
Tom,

I really hate to bother you with this but I've been trying to get an image inserted in the message shown below for an hour using both flickr and Google photos with no luck. Below is the text of the message that I am trying to post.

I followed the instructions in How to post an image and entered: google and the photo URL from google in the top line; flickr and my login for a flickr photo.

The URL of the image is: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qmUtuhrARs53MU3FA

Could you be so kind as to point out my error. Thanks.

Are you having problems inserting the image?  All you have to do to insert the image is:

(1) paste that link in the box to the left of the "pics" button
(2) select google photos (instead of flickr) in the drop down
(3) click on the "pics" button

See image below.  The rest should be self explanatory.

View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Support & Feedback > How to include images in your posts
  Happy Birthday walkingstick, silly_traveler, Grannyhiker!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: