Forum Index > Trail Talk > NWH Calendar, Potluck & SAR Fundraiser (Dec 14)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki summary

wiki summary
PostWed Oct 10, 2018 3:45 pm 
Congrats to all the winners! If you would like a calendar you can order directly from Mixbook. Use coupon MIXMAS for $25 off and choose budget shipping to get the cost down to $6.59 for a medium (11 x 8.5") calendar or $19.80 for large (14 x 11") calendar. Other coupon codes might offer a greater discount if you are ordering more than 1 calendar. Planning to attend (dish you're bringing): Nancyann +2 (apple-almond cake), Ski (with pie, of course!), Tom (mac 'n cheese, teryaki meatballs), Kim (TBD), JimK (TBD), Hiker Mama (I'll figure something out), Schroder (chicken curry casserole), puzzlr (phad thai), BarbE (Caesar salad), Matt (salad), Snowdog (roasted potatoes), Gil (beef stew and rice), Pyrites (manicotti) DadFly (Pork Roast) the zachster +1 (brownies and something else TBD), Gwen (TBD), Snuffy (TBD), marydave +1 (sweet potatoes+), Hopi Girl (TBD), Cyclopath (TBD), Downhill (cornbread), beardo_mcgrath (tbd), Kenji+2 (pasta+),dicey(some food), RockShadow (TBD), wolffie (something high in sugar, fat, salt, and chocolate -- for those on a low-vitamin diet), Hanzsek (habanero veggie chili), Hiking_Husky plus guest (TBD), Michael Lewis (Pizza, soda, plates+cups), Sticky Buns (I'm tempted to bring myself, but I'll probably make something healthier.), neek (squash bread), zephyr (iced tea, lemonade to sweeten with, fresh lemons, & ice. Also two bottles of sparkling peach-flavored apple juice.), Ira (cake)

Wiki summmary last edited by Tom on Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:22 pm (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
wolffie

wolffie
PostMon Oct 29, 2018 1:42 pm 
Ski wrote:
I don't suppose anybody wants pie again?
Pie? Pie? Can Al come? I can sneak him in with the Corgi Cloaking Device we use when we sneak in to the national parks. Nobody would have to clean-up the floor afterwards...
Gwynnie teaches algebra.
Gwynnie teaches algebra.

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Oct 29, 2018 2:11 pm 
I would love to meet Al, wolffie. up.gif Wonder if I could whip up some sort of doggie pie? wink.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostTue Oct 30, 2018 5:42 pm 
Ski wrote:
I would love to meet Al, wolffie. up.gif Wonder if I could whip up some sort of doggie pie? wink.gif
I think I know Al and Wolfie’s answer.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostWed Oct 31, 2018 11:33 am 
I've read the rules twice and don't see that there is a 6 photo limit like previous years, just 1 photo per category. Am I missing something? Is that intentional?

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Oct 31, 2018 11:39 am 
Yes, no limit of 6 (to encourage more participation in the non-hiking season months), you can enter up to 1 per category.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Oct 31, 2018 12:49 pm 
Cabin fever season (Nov - May). Some get out in those months and take great pics, so doesn't make sense to penalize them with a 6 picture limit if they submit pics in those months.

RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostTue Nov 13, 2018 12:43 pm 
Is there anyone going to the social from the North Olympic Peninsula that is willing to take me along? Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Hiker Mama

Hiker Mama
PostWed Nov 14, 2018 5:35 pm 
Rumi, if you could get yourself to the Kingston ferry, I would be happy to pick you up in Edmonds and bring you to the social. (I could of course take you back to the ferry afterwards.)

My hiking w/ kids site: www.thehikermama.com
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostWed Nov 14, 2018 8:20 pm 
Hiker Mama wrote:
Rumi, if you could get yourself to the Kingston ferry, I would be happy to pick you up in Edmonds and bring you to the social. (I could of course take you back to the ferry afterwards.)
Thank you, I really appreciate your kind offer. Unfortunately I am unable to drive and there is no bus service to Port Angeles in the evening, especially from Kingston. I knew it was a long shot to find someone that was coming and returning to PA for the social, I just thought I would throw it out there "just in case". Thanks again for your thoughtful offer. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist
Sultan of Sweat
PostFri Nov 16, 2018 1:49 pm 
When is the voting deadline?

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Nov 16, 2018 2:06 pm 
Preliminary will end tonight. Finals will stay open until Tuesday.

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostSat Nov 17, 2018 7:05 am 
nordique wrote:
Since this thread mentions surgeries, I should note that none of my seven right leg surgeries have been minor, as they include right knee and right ankle replacements. Even so, I've managed to do 94 hikes so far this year, for a total of 427 miles, with 122,390 feet of vertical gain, plus 57 climbing days at Vertical World in Seattle.
Wow, now THAT's determination! Honnold and Sharma got nothing on you! Well done.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Downhill

Downhill
PostMon Nov 26, 2018 6:21 pm 
I will attend, my first time. I make a pretty mean cheddar, jalapeno, buttermilk cornbread if anyone is interested.

Bernardo

Bernardo
PostMon Nov 26, 2018 7:25 pm 
Looks like the social is shaping up nicely.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Nov 27, 2018 9:29 pm 
I've ordered 25 calendars (15 medium and 10 large) for pickup at the social. If you want to reserve a calendar please edit the wiki above or send me a PM.