Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Nov 04, 2018 5:29 pm 
That was a tough game to watch. Other than the opening drive and last 2 drives. Wilson was off for most of the day.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostSun Nov 04, 2018 6:04 pm 
Yeah, he is obviously a very talented athlete with great football instincts, but I wonder whether he can ever be a top quality pocket passer. Very few scrambling quarterbacks make the transition to top notch pocket passer later in their career. Steve Young is the only name that comes to mind. I gotta feeling Justin Herbert is gonna be a fantastic NFL pocket passer. It helps to be 6'6".

reststep

reststep
PostSun Nov 04, 2018 7:02 pm 
I would much rather watch Mahomes than Tom Brady.

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
tmatlack

tmatlack
PostMon Nov 05, 2018 5:57 am 
Penalties, injuries, no separation for wide receivers, pick 6, eyes on rush not downfield, missed field goal. Same old Hawks. They are mired in mediocrity. Tom

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostMon Nov 05, 2018 9:06 am 
I’d like to see the Hawks spend less time on choreographed dance moves. The end zone dance made me want to vomit. The NFL has gone from the No Fun League to something much worse.

cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostMon Nov 05, 2018 4:06 pm 
So you move on from Russell, then what? Join the bandwagon of multiple failed rookies like so many other franchises, not that u couldn’t get lucky and score a Mahomes but how likely is that? Be nice if Russ could keep the salary reasonable like Brady does with some creative signing bonuses... As for yesterday, the loss of Carson, McDougal and Fluker was huge. The Hawks made lots of mistakes but the officials and some of their ticky tacky calls didn’t help at all. Despite the terrible pick 6, the team didn’t give up and competed to the last play and that meant a lot to this fan....

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Nov 05, 2018 5:05 pm 
He's lost a step and his playmaking instincts are starting to hurt more than help. They aren't going anywhere for the next 2-3 years so if they can get some value from trading him in the off season it might be best long term. I think he'd be an elite QB on a team that allowed him time to throw.

iron

iron
PostMon Nov 05, 2018 5:47 pm 
raising3hikers wrote:
I hope they don't sign Wilson for a 30million plus a year extension. He's not elite. Money better spent elsewhere
dang, an r3h critique of the hawks??? must've really been a bad game to watch.

raising3hikers

raising3hikers
PostMon Nov 05, 2018 6:31 pm 
I think Wilson is good but not one of the top QB's in the NFL. Better than average game manager right now. I think there are 7 or 8 QB's in the league that are better. He needs a running game to excel, where as the top QB's can make it happen no matter what. That's why I don't want to see a 30+million a year salary cap hit like I hear that he could be up for. If the Hawks gave him a multi-year extension at his current salary, great! but I doubt it. Would be cool if he did what Tom Brady has done over the years with his team friendly salary. He's been underpaid for years but it's helped the team. btw, I hate the Patriots. Go Hawks!

Eric Eames
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostMon Nov 05, 2018 7:07 pm 
Hmmmmm. When I made the connection between the RW salary cap hit and the Hawks' awful offensive line a couple years ago, I got pooh poohed. What changed? Hawks OL has actually improved since then.

half fast

half fast
PostTue Nov 06, 2018 8:43 am 
DIYSteve wrote:
Hawks OL has actually improved since then
I agree with that... when they actually show up to play that is. Seems the Hawks have a difficult time having both the offense and defense show up the same game...very sad! The first drive was awesome to watch! Unfortunately it all went downhill from there.

It's all about the fun, oh and maybe the chocolate - half fast
cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostTue Nov 06, 2018 1:03 pm 
I hate the Patriots too, hopefully some team from the AFC can take them out this year...Maybe even the Chargers; once they get Bosa back, they should be even better. One can only hope!

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostFri Nov 16, 2018 9:17 am 
highly entertaining game last night lauds to the Hawks for persevering after fumbling on the first play from scrimmage

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Nov 17, 2018 7:04 am 
Last night was a great example of: having a solid running game ALLOWS occasional sub par quarterback play. LOL. I love Russel! Next to Paul Allen, Russel is the best thing that's happened to the Hawks (Pete Carroll and John Schnieder not withstanding as they drafted him) Russell had a poor first half. It happens to all quarterbacks. They ran themselves out of it, and Russell ended up making some nice plays along the way. up.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostTue Nov 20, 2018 1:58 am 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Last night was a great example of: having a solid running game ALLOWS occasional sub par quarterback play. LOL. I love Russel! Next to Paul Allen, Russel is the best thing that's happened to the Hawks (Pete Carroll and John Schnieder not withstanding as they drafted him) Russell had a poor first half. It happens to all quarterbacks. They ran themselves out of it, and Russell ended up making some nice plays along the way. up.gif
Yep! up.gif Russell is a really good quarterback. Certainly the best the 'hawks have had. Maybe he's no Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, or Tom Brady but he's certainly in the top 10 in the league. He had a bad start but shook it off and played very well in the second half.