Forum Index > Trip Reports > One Acre Lake attempt and an encounter with nighttime target shooters 11/25/18
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Nov 28, 2018 12:29 pm 
Usually insurance requires you report the for payment of a claim. Of course there is deductible to consider that is why we pay for no deductible glass insurance even though it costs a bit more. We do not leave Waller’s etc in car.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
kitya
Fortune Cookie

kitya
Fortune Cookie
PostWed Nov 28, 2018 12:37 pm 
I know. They actually do allow to report crimes like this online too, which is convenient. You can probably report illegal shooting there too, here is website: https://www.mycrimereport.us/ The point of police investigating crimes is not compensation to the victims. The point is to prevent future crime. This is where policies like not coming out to investigate crime with less than 5000 damage are bad. If I'm a criminal and I know police will not come when called, why would I not break into a car at the trailhead? It becomes a safe crime to do. Even worse, if I see parked a Hyundai and a Maserati, I would probably choose to break into Hyundai, because the damage there will definitely be lower than police investigation threshold.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message