Forum Index > Trail Talk > NWH Calendar, Potluck & SAR Fundraiser (Dec 14)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki summary

wiki summary
PostWed Oct 10, 2018 3:45 pm 
Congrats to all the winners! If you would like a calendar you can order directly from Mixbook. Use coupon MIXMAS for $25 off and choose budget shipping to get the cost down to $6.59 for a medium (11 x 8.5") calendar or $19.80 for large (14 x 11") calendar. Other coupon codes might offer a greater discount if you are ordering more than 1 calendar. Planning to attend (dish you're bringing): Nancyann +2 (apple-almond cake), Ski (with pie, of course!), Tom (mac 'n cheese, teryaki meatballs), Kim (TBD), JimK (TBD), Hiker Mama (I'll figure something out), Schroder (chicken curry casserole), puzzlr (phad thai), BarbE (Caesar salad), Matt (salad), Snowdog (roasted potatoes), Gil (beef stew and rice), Pyrites (manicotti) DadFly (Pork Roast) the zachster +1 (brownies and something else TBD), Gwen (TBD), Snuffy (TBD), marydave +1 (sweet potatoes+), Hopi Girl (TBD), Cyclopath (TBD), Downhill (cornbread), beardo_mcgrath (tbd), Kenji+2 (pasta+),dicey(some food), RockShadow (TBD), wolffie (something high in sugar, fat, salt, and chocolate -- for those on a low-vitamin diet), Hanzsek (habanero veggie chili), Hiking_Husky plus guest (TBD), Michael Lewis (Pizza, soda, plates+cups), Sticky Buns (I'm tempted to bring myself, but I'll probably make something healthier.), neek (squash bread), zephyr (iced tea, lemonade to sweeten with, fresh lemons, & ice. Also two bottles of sparkling peach-flavored apple juice.), Ira (cake)

Wiki summmary last edited by Tom on Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:22 pm (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostThu Nov 29, 2018 8:13 pm 
Hi folks. 3 SAR representatives will be on hand to mingle and grub out with us during the social. Fundraise! Bring checkbooks or credit cards for your donation. Cash is OK, but checks/credit cards are easier for them - and great for your tax receipt ! Quoting Tom's post so calendars get the attention as well!
Tom wrote:
I've ordered 25 calendars (15 medium and 10 large) for pickup at the social. If you want to reserve a calendar please edit the wiki above or send me a PM.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostThu Dec 06, 2018 10:27 am 
A little reminder, when the building was remodeled, the kitchen was removed, so there is no oven or sink like there used to be. We will have a couple of extension cords with multiple outlets for crockpots. On the plus side, the bathrooms are right next door to the auditorium, which is on the second floor. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions. Also, in addition to the SAR folks, a member of the 360 Blades Chapter of the PCTA is going to give a brief presentation on volunteer opportunities in our area. It should be an interesting and fun evening!

Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist
Sultan of Sweat
PostMon Dec 10, 2018 2:19 pm 
If we want a couple calendars but can't make it to the social, do we still need to reserve them? Will there be ordering instructions posted after the social?

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Dec 10, 2018 2:46 pm 
I'll put up an order link after the social but you can PM me if you aren't planning to go to the social and want to order prior.

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostThu Dec 13, 2018 10:12 pm 
What's the parking situation like at the University Heights Center? When I look at Google Street view, it appears that the parking lot is for designated parking only. I looked at their website and do not see any description of the parking. If anyone has a link, please post. Otherwise I would imagine this would be street parking. How was it last year? Thanks, ~z

JimK

JimK
PostThu Dec 13, 2018 11:18 pm 
There is quite a bit of parking on the property grounds. We have used it with no problems in previous years.

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostThu Dec 13, 2018 11:42 pm 
I checked with the building manager and she said we can park right on the property. In case someone didn’t see my post from December 6... A couple of things to remember: (1) There is no kitchen, and (2) We are bringing extension cords and extra plug-ins for crockpots. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Dec 14, 2018 2:48 am 
Will there be a microwave or is anyone planning to bring a small one?

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostFri Dec 14, 2018 12:29 pm 
Just talked to the office manager and she said we can use her office microwave if necessary. The only parking spots unavailable after 6pm are specifically designated as 24 hour spots, don’t park there. Park right on the school grounds in any spot that says it’s available after 5 or 6pm. The auditorium is on the second floor. smile.gif

Snowdog

Snowdog
PostFri Dec 14, 2018 1:12 pm 
what time can we access the space? I'd be happy to arrive early to help set up chairs, tables, etc.

'we don't have time for a shortcut'
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostFri Dec 14, 2018 1:20 pm 
We can use the room at 6pm. The tables will be set up already, and we can move them around if we don’t like the arrangement. Thanks Snowdog!

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostFri Dec 14, 2018 1:58 pm 
Thank you Michael Lewis for offering to bring a microwave! up.gif

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Dec 14, 2018 2:37 pm 
Here's wishing all of you an excellent time tonight, I might have shown up, but I am 400+ miles away in North Idaho.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostFri Dec 14, 2018 2:44 pm 
Wish we could see you, hope you start feeling better soon!

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostFri Dec 14, 2018 2:57 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Here's wishing all of you an excellent time tonight, I might have shown up, but I am 400+ miles away in North Idaho.
Yes, have a fine time, all! up.gif

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology