Forum Index > Trip Reports > Thread for lazy trip reports.
Previous :: Next Topic  
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi

stillaGUAMish
PostSat Nov 17, 2018 7:06 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
reststep wrote:
All that oxygen after hiking in Nepal must have been intoxicating.

ha ha!
went to the doctor and my oxygen level was at 97%.

--------------
bobbi ૐ

"Today is your day!  Your mountain is waiting.  So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
reststep

reststep

PostSun Nov 18, 2018 8:58 pm 
I hiked to the top of Green Mountain today.  This is the Green Mountain in Olympic National Park between Deer Park and Maiden Peak.

This is such an obscure peak that I doubt if even Stefan or Fay have been there, also it is not in the climber's guide and I have never heard of anyone going there so I thought I might get a first ascent but someone had left a cairn.  It is just a bump on the ridge so it makes me wonder why it is named on the map.

It is appropriately named however.  From a distance it is green with trees and there is not much in the way of views from the summit because of the trees.

I dropped off the traveling summit register and continued on to Maiden Peak for some good views.

--------------
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi

stillaGUAMish
PostMon Nov 19, 2018 11:07 am 
ha!  new home for Oly!  wow, deer park road is still open!  hoping someone gets it before the road closes!

I've been on green peak, I was just there this summer.  great views!

a few Oly registers ago, I left it on Maiden Peak.

thanks

--------------
bobbi ૐ

"Today is your day!  Your mountain is waiting.  So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Cosmic Sun Beam
Ryan C

Cosmic Sun Beam

Ryan C
PostTue Nov 20, 2018 11:10 am 
Hiked Guye Peak on Saturday with a friend. Bluebird day! Class 3/4 exposed scramble to the true peak. Gonna try and bag Red Mt this weekend : )

--------------
Nature melts away all worries
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe

PostSat Nov 24, 2018 11:27 pm 
Hiked on the Oregon side of the Gorge for the first time since last year's Eagle Creek fire.  Went about 7 or 8 miles up Herman Creek. Immediately east of PCT.  Interesting seeing the different degrees to which various areas burned.  Transition from the worst scorched area of all to completely untouched by the fire was almost instantaneous and rather dramatic.  I found out later several trails on the west end of the Gorge were just reopened today--Larch Mountain, Wahkeena, Angel's Rest.  Middle portion still closed with no target date for reopening yet.

I would post pictures, but screw flickr!  down.gif
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
kitya

kitya

PostSun Nov 25, 2018 4:08 pm 
Moolock 24 nov 2018.

This hike is often praised for the views, but as usual for me in Middle Fork area I didn't get to see any (previously I snowshoed West Green, South Bessemer etc. - and every time there was barely any visibility). The snow level is pretty high, a few inches of snow at around 3000 ft, but there was no need for snowshoes until around 4000 ft. No human footprints, but lots of deer and bunnies. I have never seen so many bunny prints, looked like they had a huge gathering the night before.

The road part is boring and tedious, but it does get better - higher up portion of the road seems to be not used anymore and is now so overgrown, I actually lost where the road is in places. Trees are getting bigger too. Not sure if it means more logging soon or they will finally let this mountain return to a more natural state. Snow is very unconsolidated and going was slow. The last scramble part is very steep. Previous trip reports seem to indicate going up boulder field, but there is not enough snow on the field yet and falling through into boulders is not fun. I went through the trees instead and had to crawl/veggie belay with Cookie in some places.

15 miles, 4560 feet gain.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3183461192

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant

PostFri Nov 30, 2018 6:50 am 
Old trail on Si no snow no people all the way to top. Saw a couple folks on way down.

--------------
"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon

PostMon Dec 10, 2018 8:57 am 
I HUCK TO LODGE LAKE YESTERDAY. WAS UP AT LODGE

--------------
i go to the FITNESS GYMS!!!
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trip Reports > Thread for lazy trip reports.
  Happy Birthday Kathleen, eplanajr, Pepper!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: