Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Republic Article
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Dec 05, 2018 8:29 am 
https://crosscut.com/2018/12/can-gold-mining-save-fading-washington-town Hmmmm, not a word about their rails to trails, which has great potential for biking. Nor anything about the good beer at the brewery. In fact, if letters to our weekly paper, which also covers Republic are true, their county commissioners are trying to sabotage the trail. It could be a real gem of a place if stretches were improved. I've biked part of it and will go back next year to do more.
The Buckhorn Mine is about as near to Republic as it is to Oroville and Tonasket. It is located close to Chesaw.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Dec 08, 2018 12:14 pm 
Interesting article, thanks for posting it. A couple of things made me chuckle a bit, like the guy who says he liked being underground, he misses being underground. That just sounded odd. hmmm.gif Then the bill for broadband and cell service (a good idea), that died because they didn't know where to get the money, or how to spend it. That seems like two important things. I've always wanted one of those bikes with super wide tires.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message