Forum Index > Trail Talk > Free Avalanche Awareness Class at Olympic National Park Visitor Center 12/13/18
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Dec 10, 2018 3:33 pm 
Monday December 10, 2018 14:20 PST Olympic National Park News Release Free Avalanche Awareness Class at Olympic National Park Visitor Center PORT ANGELES, WA: An Avalanche Awareness Class is scheduled for Thursday, December 13 from 6:30-7:30 pm at the Olympic National Park Visitor Center in Port Angeles. Matt Schonwald, Professional Observer at the Northwest Avalanche Center, will present important information on avalanche safety and winter recreation. This program is free of charge and open to the public. The Olympic National Park Visitor Center is located at 3002 Mount Angeles Road. “Avalanche awareness is critically important for winter recreation at Hurricane Ridge,” said Olympic National Park Acting Superintendent Lee Taylor. “I encourage all snowboarders, skiers and snowshoers to participate in this free workshop.” With the Olympics’ steep terrain and heavy snow all snowboarders, skiers and snowshoers at Hurricane Ridge should be aware that they are traveling through potentially hazardous avalanche terrain. The workshop will focus on how to prepare for traveling in avalanche terrain, including proper equipment and the skills needed for self-rescue. For more information about visiting Olympic National Park in winter visit the park website at www.nps.gov/olym/planyourvisit/visiting-in-winter.htm. -NPS-

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message