Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > UW volleyball
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Nov 26, 2018 12:08 pm 
UW will play St. Mary's in the first round of the playoffs. Creighton is the host, so they are heading to Omaha, Nebraska. I think I read it's the first time since 2010 UW hasn't hosted 1st/2nd round matches.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Nov 30, 2018 4:58 pm 
UW advances, 3-1 today. Just looking at stats, didn't see the match. Offense was on fire til set 4 when they cooled off. Won set 1 and 2, dropped the 3rd, then closed it out. Big advantage in blocking for UW, that hasn't really been a strength this season. SMC had a bunch of aces, tough serving probably kept them hanging around. Bajema, Drechsel, Hoffman and Niece were all very productive today.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Dec 01, 2018 7:53 pm 
Wow, UW swept host Creighton, advances to Sweet 16! Some payback, Creighton beat them in Seattle at the beginning of the 2017 season. Didn't really expect this, good job Dawgs. Next up is Penn St. I think the highest remaining seeded teams hosts, not predetermined sites for 3rd/4th round matches. I'm assuming Stanford won't have any trouble tonight against LMU, so that's where they will probably be headed to.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Dec 02, 2018 12:17 pm 
Not UW, but Western Washington played for the Division 2 National Championship yesterday. They came up just short, losing a 5 setter. Exciting that they made such a deep run in the playoffs. Also Washington St. also advanced to the Sweet 16, but they have to play Stanford next.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 07, 2018 1:54 pm 
Today's match against Penn St. is on TV. ESPNU at 3 pm.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 07, 2018 5:08 pm 
Just turned the TV on, Penn St. up 2-0. Not surprising. 3 Big 10 teams cruised into the Regional Final w/ 3-0 sweeps. But....Oregon just knocked off Minnesota, the #2 seed. That's a HUGE upset. Set 2 was 41-39. I've never seen a score like that. It's first to 25 and you have to win by 2, so they just keep going until someone is up 2. That's a marathon of a set.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 07, 2018 5:50 pm 
UW jumped out to a lead in set 3 but couldn't hold on. All 3 sets were relatively close anyway. Rebuilding year, lots of young players got experience, hopefully they can build on it and improve next season.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Dec 13, 2018 8:24 pm 
For any interested, Final 4 is going on. Stanford demolished BYU in the first match. Illinois is currently leading Nebraska 2-0 in the other seminfinal.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Dec 13, 2018 9:18 pm 
I still hate Nebraska. Illinois totally choking this away, we're going to a 5th set and Neb. has all the momentum. Dang it.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Dec 13, 2018 9:44 pm 
No surprise at all, Nebraska wins the 5th set. When you're up 2-0, you just can't let it go to 5. Oh well. I would've been rooting for Stanford against Illinois, but now I'm REALLY rooting for Stanford.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Dec 15, 2018 9:47 pm 
I couldn't bring myself to watch. Stanford-Nebraska are going down to the wire in a 5 setter. Stanford up 13-11 pending a challenge on a serve. Both won a close set and both won a laugher. They won the challenge! 14-10, a bunch of match points coming up.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Dec 15, 2018 9:53 pm 
15-12 Stanford in the 5th set. 8th Championship in program history, pulled one ahead of Penn St.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Sep 06, 2019 4:35 pm 
It's that time of year again folks! Huskies were at a tournament in Hawaii last weekend. Beat St. John's and San Diego, got hammered by the host Hawaii. Right now they are in Iowa for a pair of games and just knocked off Illinois in a 5 setter. The Illini have been a bit of a nemesis in recent years. Play the host Iowa tomorrow. Early on it's looking like Kara Bajema is poised for a big Sr. year.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Sep 19, 2019 6:47 pm 
Huskies have been cruising since that loss to Hawaii. They are on TV right now playing at Wisconsin, it's on FoxSports1. I think that's a first. I'm recording it and will watch later, but the Dawgs took the first set 25-23. They have a return date w/ the Badgers in Seattle on Saturday, that will be their only home match before conference play starts. Their record is 7-1 right now. Pac 12 teams have been a bit up and down in non-coference, a bit hard to figure out who the real contenders are. Except for Stanford. They've run a gauntlet that might be the most difficult schedule ever put together. They've beaten Florida, Texas, Penn St. and Nebraska. They did lose to Minnesota. Have a match left against BYU before moving on to Pac 12 play.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Sep 19, 2019 9:33 pm 
I'm finally watching the match. I had to cheat and look at the final result. Huskies won 3-1. Set 2 included a nearly impossible rally from down 24-20 to win 27-25. I mean that really is nearly impossible for the team up 4 needing only 1 more point to not close it out. Huskies haven't had much success against Big 10 teams in recent years, but they are 3-0 this year beating Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.