Forum Index > Trail Talk > NWH Calendar, Potluck & SAR Fundraiser (Dec 14)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki summary

wiki summary
PostWed Oct 10, 2018 3:45 pm 
Congrats to all the winners! If you would like a calendar you can order directly from Mixbook. Use coupon MIXMAS for $25 off and choose budget shipping to get the cost down to $6.59 for a medium (11 x 8.5") calendar or $19.80 for large (14 x 11") calendar. Other coupon codes might offer a greater discount if you are ordering more than 1 calendar. Planning to attend (dish you're bringing): Nancyann +2 (apple-almond cake), Ski (with pie, of course!), Tom (mac 'n cheese, teryaki meatballs), Kim (TBD), JimK (TBD), Hiker Mama (I'll figure something out), Schroder (chicken curry casserole), puzzlr (phad thai), BarbE (Caesar salad), Matt (salad), Snowdog (roasted potatoes), Gil (beef stew and rice), Pyrites (manicotti) DadFly (Pork Roast) the zachster +1 (brownies and something else TBD), Gwen (TBD), Snuffy (TBD), marydave +1 (sweet potatoes+), Hopi Girl (TBD), Cyclopath (TBD), Downhill (cornbread), beardo_mcgrath (tbd), Kenji+2 (pasta+),dicey(some food), RockShadow (TBD), wolffie (something high in sugar, fat, salt, and chocolate -- for those on a low-vitamin diet), Hanzsek (habanero veggie chili), Hiking_Husky plus guest (TBD), Michael Lewis (Pizza, soda, plates+cups), Sticky Buns (I'm tempted to bring myself, but I'll probably make something healthier.), neek (squash bread), zephyr (iced tea, lemonade to sweeten with, fresh lemons, & ice. Also two bottles of sparkling peach-flavored apple juice.), Ira (cake)

Wiki summmary last edited by Tom on Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:22 pm (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostSat Dec 15, 2018 7:43 am 
Nancyann & Tom, et al. Great party, it will be known as The Year of a Thousand Crockpots. And photographers, merci. Calendar already a hit at home. Best. Pyrites

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Gil

Gil
PostSat Dec 15, 2018 10:34 am 
Great party. Thanks Tom and Nancyann (and others) for putting that together. Hope to see you all out on the trail in the coming year.
NWHikers.net party
NWHikers.net party

Friends help the miles go easier. Klahini
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Dec 15, 2018 11:49 am 
Pyrites I have to say your Manicotti looked amazing but unfortunately the pan had been scraped clean by the time I got to it.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostSat Dec 15, 2018 2:39 pm 
I got a nice email from Nick w/ Seattle Rescue. You guys came through over $800 was donated last night. Yowza! Now go get lost! (not really)

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostSat Dec 15, 2018 2:44 pm 
Kim Brown wrote:
I got a nice email from Nick w/ Seattle Rescue. You guys came through over $800 was donated last night...
👍

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostSat Dec 15, 2018 4:46 pm 
Tom wrote:
Pyrites I have to say your Manicotti looked amazing but unfortunately the pan had been scraped clean by the time I got to it.
The Manicotti WAS amazing. It was utterly delicious. I didn't take much, but it was tempting. Next time please bring two pans. haha wink.gif There were a number of good dishes that I enjoyed. Off the top of my head--the Manicotti, the cornbread, the dressing (some might say stuffing), the Caesar salad, those meat balls, several different stews and hot dishes, the Pad Thai, and of the desserts, I had some delicious brownies with a touch of that vanilla ice cream. ~z

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostSat Dec 15, 2018 6:18 pm 
I didn’t get any manicotti, and missed the Cesar. I hit all the others, plus the beans, which I put on top of the rice, yum. No ice cream. I did grab one of Ski’s not so mini-pies! Best.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
DadFly

DadFly
PostSat Dec 15, 2018 7:03 pm 
It was a great party! Makes me wonder why we don't do this more often. Oh yeah, you're out in the woods all the time. Thanks so much for the generous giving to SMR. They are a very dedicated bunch and will stretch that money as far as it can go. How do I get a calendar? My wife and I had to leave before that part.

"May you live in interesting times"
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostSun Dec 16, 2018 12:04 am 
Who made the caKe that was baked in an angel food cake pan! That was a mighty fine cake. As was the banana cake with peanut butter frosting that Gwen made. And the pies that ski made. So I probably jumped over the pre diabetes fence last night.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Dec 16, 2018 12:21 am 
How are ya'll going to hike, ya'll keep it up, ya'll be too fat. clown.gif <jealous>+ eating my own cooking. ykm.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostSun Dec 16, 2018 2:53 am 
Well, now that my power is finally back on, here are a few pictures: NWHikers Finest
NWHikers 2018 Calendar Contest Social and SAR Fundraiser 12/14/18
It was an absolute delight to see everybody! There’s just something really special about talking with the real human behind the screen name. agree.gif Seattle Mountain Rescue’s presentation was a class act, thanks to all who donated.
Thanks to Snuffy for the informative presentation on volunteer opportunities with 350 Blades as well!
Special thanks to Dadfly for linking us up with SMR and to Kim for making the arrangements with them! And of course, Santa’s elves Barb E, Snowdog, Jim K, Hiking Partner and everyone else who helped decorate and set up. Most importantly, thanks to Tom for running the show and keeping the site going for us to enjoy and benefit from. borank.gif

DadFly

DadFly
PostSun Dec 16, 2018 10:01 am 
Is it possible to get one of the calendars?

"May you live in interesting times"
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostSun Dec 16, 2018 10:24 am 
Tom may have a couple left, send him a pm, or you can order them from Mixbook, check the wiki at the top of the page.

marydave
Musical Hikers

marydave
Musical Hikers
PostSun Dec 16, 2018 11:07 am 
It was a great party. Wonderful food and company, interesting presentations, and the calendar is the best one we get every year. Thanks to everyone who made it happen!

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Dec 16, 2018 12:25 pm 
DadFly wrote:
Is it possible to get one of the calendars?
I have one left. Check your PMs.