Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostThu Dec 27, 2018 2:12 pm 
Wow Slugman, I don’t think Steve is a RW hater, but rather hates the salary he asks for. I honestly don’t begrudge RW his salary one bit and he is worth it.... As much as I like and appreciate him and hope he continues on as the Seahawks QB, he isn’t perfect. Despite how well he played in the NE SB, he sailed that final intercepted pass ( never got the deserved blame on that one...) IMO. So, ya the Seahawks may get eliminated in the next month but I like their chances. As to the point of only cheap QB teams making the SB, San Diego, NO, Seattle, Baltimore (maybe in), Indy (maybe in) and even NE all will be in the tourney. The arguably best teams, SD and NO have pretty big QB salary suckers, so let’s see what happens...

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostThu Dec 27, 2018 5:55 pm 
I won't waste time responding to Slugman's fabrications and false attributions. Hey Sluggo, how is your #1 hero Cheater Lance Armstrong doing?
cascadetraverser wrote:
. . . but rather hates the salary he asks for.
Nope. Hate would require an emotional investment far greater than I could ever muster about people getting paid millions of dollars to play a game. I'm close to the total indifference end of the spectrum.

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostFri Dec 28, 2018 7:56 am 
cascadetraverser wrote:
As much as I like and appreciate him and hope he continues on as the Seahawks QB, he isn’t perfect. Despite how well he played in the NE SB, he sailed that final intercepted pass ( never got the deserved blame on that one...) IMO.
I agree with everything you wrote above, except for the statement that he "sailed that final intercepted pass". I think he threw that pass exactly where he wanted to, which was to lead the receiver into the end zone, and this was a mistake. In that highly congested area he would have been better of throwing the pass slightly behind and at the left hip of the receiver, where the receiver's body would have shielded the ball from anyone else. I've always put that down to an inexperience issue. Brady would never have thrown that pass as Wilson did, and I'm 100% convinced that Wilson will never make that particular mistake again. And yes, he does deserve the blame for his mistake.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Dec 30, 2018 9:50 pm 
Wow. How can they play like superstars last week and play like high school players today????

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Dec 30, 2018 10:44 pm 
O-line didn't look very good but sounds like they were saving Fluker for the playoffs. Just glad they didn't suffer any major injuries as it turned out to be a meaningless game.

half fast

half fast
PostSun Dec 30, 2018 11:08 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
How can they play like superstars last week and play like high school players today????
Amen, I hate to see them play like this BS... I don't understand it and I hate to watch it. There is no one on this site that could do this on their job and still have a job. Yes, they won but to be honest, did they deserve it?!?! I am a Seahawks fan... just disgusted in their lack luster performances!!

It's all about the fun, oh and maybe the chocolate - half fast
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Dec 30, 2018 11:38 pm 
He’s glad Wilson or Locket did not get injured. wink.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
tmatlack

tmatlack
PostSat Jan 05, 2019 3:28 am 
I am too lazy to look it up, but for this season, on game day, how many teams with a winning record did the Seahawks play and beat? I know won-loss stats have changed, but it seemed to me the Seahawks had a pretty easy schedule. Yes? No?

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Jan 05, 2019 4:18 am 
@Broncos L27-24 @Bears L24-17 Cowboys W24-13 @Cardinals W20-17 Rams L33-31 Raiders W27-3 @Lions W28-14 Chargers L25-17 @ Rams L36-31 Green Bay W27-24 @Panthers W30-27 49ers W43-16 Vikings W21-7 @49ers L26-23 OT Chiefs W38-31 Cardinals W27-24 Based on end of season record they went 3-4 against winning teams 7-2 against losing teams. Wasn't a difficult schedule but wasn't that easy either. I'd say slightly below average.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Jan 05, 2019 6:12 pm 
They're going to have to play like they did against KS, and NOT like they did against AZ to come away with a win today.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Jan 05, 2019 10:09 pm 
Oh well, was a good year. Hard to win on the road in the playoffs. Hopefully they can improve enough to have a chance at winning the division next year.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Jan 05, 2019 11:24 pm 
I agree Tom, they went about as far as they were supposed to and exceeded most expectations. Hopefully they will be able to find a kicker via the draft, trade, or free agency. pretty sure Jaws is-should be done.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostMon Jan 07, 2019 8:10 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
... they went about as far as they were supposed to ...
I thought they could get past this round, but wasn't expecting them to get past the next. I was a bit disappointed with the decision to keep trying to run the ball in the second half when there was clear evidence by then that that wasn't working. The only good things that the offense had done by that time was when Russell Wilson had been the focal point. They could always have gone back to the run later once things had been loosened up. Anyway, it was still a fun season. Looking forward to next year.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostMon Jan 07, 2019 11:02 am 
Being a Hawks fan was really fun again this season, not that the last two were bad, but the team was cohesive and hungry again this year. Sunday night, the Hawks gave their best if not flawed effort. We lost it in the trenches and missing our kicker didn’t help either. The off season should be interesting....resigning Russell at hopefully a reasonable price, keeping Macdougal, Clark, Fluker, Sweezy, KJ and Baldwin for next year would be great. I am not sure how much cap room we have to keep all those players? They upgraded with some really good new talent this year and some great rookies next season could really compliment a team that already seems very balenced offensively and defensively.

raising3hikers

raising3hikers
PostMon Jan 07, 2019 7:05 pm 
disappointing how it ended up. we were in the game and had a chance then gave the cowboys a gift win. it'll be an interesting off season and i'm optimistic. I hope we can sign Wilson at a team friendly price because I'd rather have him than not. But.... the top 6 highest paid quarterbacks all missed the playoffs this year. Gotta spread the money out to be competitive.

Eric Eames