Forum Index > Trail Talk > Garbage, feces take toll on national parks amid shutdown
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostWed Jan 02, 2019 3:20 pm 
catsp wrote:
Never said it was taken recently (though admittedly I also didn't say it wasn't). Anyways, maybe the intended point was that it doesn't take a gov't shutdown for people to make a mess of things. Or maybe I just thought someone was looking for dirty potty pics. Your choice. smile.gif Anyways, your sleuthing, while admirable, ended up being off a bit. It was taken mid-March 2018. (Maybe) notably, it was taken at a trail head that was closed for the winter. It was not an overflowing situation, as what you see on the side was also on the lid. frown.gif
So it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You're just doing it to advance an agenda by telling lies.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
catsp

catsp
PostWed Jan 02, 2019 3:28 pm 
Nah. I was just looking for an opportunity to post a pic that I was tempted to enter in the calendar contest but thought might not go over well. smile.gif

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Schroder

Schroder
PostWed Jan 02, 2019 4:36 pm 
It's not inaccurate for what I saw except the floor was also covered with toilet paper

wanderwild

wanderwild
PostWed Jan 02, 2019 6:05 pm 
MyFootHurts wrote:
catsp wrote:
Never said it was taken recently (though admittedly I also didn't say it wasn't). Anyways, maybe the intended point was that it doesn't take a gov't shutdown for people to make a mess of things. Or maybe I just thought someone was looking for dirty potty pics. Your choice. smile.gif Anyways, your sleuthing, while admirable, ended up being off a bit. It was taken mid-March 2018. (Maybe) notably, it was taken at a trail head that was closed for the winter. It was not an overflowing situation, as what you see on the side was also on the lid. frown.gif
So it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You're just doing it to advance an agenda by telling lies.
Seems more like YOU are the one with the agenda. And I take that to be some kind of point like the government shutdown is a good thing, because poop is either not piling up in the bathrooms, or we can't "prove" that it is. rolleyes.gif

"Whatever your mountain, climb on."
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Jan 02, 2019 7:15 pm 
you're arguing about a crappy crapper? srsly?

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors
PostWed Jan 02, 2019 7:57 pm 
Schenk wrote:
Some people are worthless slobs.
I totally agree. To the people that say all lives are equal they are delusional.

The Pacific coast to the Great Plains = my playground!!! SummitPost Profile See my website at: http://www.lemkeclimbs.com
Damian

Damian
PostWed Jan 02, 2019 8:18 pm 
And on that observation I’ll note that this thread is not adding much hiking related value.