Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Grizzly Bear Restoration in North Cascades
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Jun 15, 2018 6:02 am 
Doppelganger, there is still nothing wrong with Detro making statements whilst eating lunch. We do have this thing called The Constitution and another called an election. From what I understand, he's in office because nobody ran against him, as were two others who also shared his beliefs and caused a lawsuit or two against the county through their ignorance. They did not get re elected. That's how it is done. Detro was not up for re election last year. His time is coming and we shall see what happens as things have calmed down since the last election and voters tend to forget. It is legal to ride ATVs on some of our roads and streets. They can't go on roads where the speed limit is over 35mph (except for parts of the Conconully Road) and must have all the legal stuff on them. Conconully is trying hard to make some of those recreation dollars that folks on here promote. Conconully wants to be an ATV center. That's a work in progress. They just had an ATV event there last weekend. Back to Detro, he's spouted off about more than just grizzlies, but should I get into that, it'd get even more political. That's how it is and we will handle it or not by a thing called an election.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Jul 20, 2018 6:44 pm 
House approves amendment, denying funds for grizzly bear relocation Hon. Dan Newhouse (R Washington State 4th Congressional District) authored HR 6147 which was approved by the US House of Representatives. The legislation that was weaseled into a spending bill guts funding for grizzly bear reintroduction and removes the Gray Wolf from the endangered species list. Not to be outdone by her compatriot, Hon. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R - Washington State 5th Congressional District), inserted a rider that prohibits use of federal dollars for implementation of Washington State's revised water quality standard. Joel Connelly's piece on this in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer Oregon Public Broadcasting piece on same issue While it is known by most members here that I have some reservations about the reintroduction of grizzly bears into the North Cascades, and could not possibly be more ambivalent about the gray wolf population in Washington State, the manner in which these two chuckleheads have gone about circumventing a very deliberate process that involved no shortage of public input is outrageous and unacceptable. This bill still has to be approved by the US Senate, and fortunately our two US Senators are most likely not on the same side of these issues as Mr. Newhouse and Ms. McMorris Rodgers. I would suggest those of you who might have issues with HR 6147 and/or McMorris Rodgers' slimy proposal to weaken water quality standards contact both Hon. Patty Murray and Hon. Maria Cantwell on Monday morning at their Washington DC offices. It would not hurt to let everybody on your email contact list and all your Facebook friends to know about this as well. Congressional switchboard: 202 224 3121 (* Because yeah... it is all about politics. *)

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Bernardo

Bernardo
PostFri Jul 20, 2018 9:47 pm 
Thanks for posting this news. Glad Congress is looking at this issue.

Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostWed Dec 12, 2018 7:43 pm 
https://flatheadbeacon.com/2018/11/13/montana-grizzly-bears-roaming-far-afield/ Reintroduction isn't necessary. The bears are doing it on their own. Just like the wolves did / are doing. Grizzlies just now getting the memo. "Recent reports of Montana grizzly bears in Idaho and Washington show that bruins from the Big Sky are literally pushing boundaries. According to Wayne Kasworm, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife grizzly manager in Libby, a 2-year-old, 476-pound male grizzly bear initially captured in the Selkirk Mountains wandered west of the Pend Oreille River and into Washington state last month" That's a BIG BEAR! ( see image ) https://www.bonnersferryherald.com/outdoors/20181122/cabinet-yaak_and_selkirk_mountains_grizzly_bear_monitoring_update

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostFri Dec 21, 2018 5:11 pm 
you really gotta be careful those things will come back to life and bite you!

hbb

hbb
PostFri Dec 28, 2018 1:43 pm 
Bootpathguy wrote:
https://flatheadbeacon.com/2018/11/13/montana-grizzly-bears-roaming-far-afield/ Reintroduction isn't necessary. The bears are doing it on their own. Just like the wolves did / are doing. Grizzlies just now getting the memo. "Recent reports of Montana grizzly bears in Idaho and Washington show that bruins from the Big Sky are literally pushing boundaries. According to Wayne Kasworm, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife grizzly manager in Libby, a 2-year-old, 476-pound male grizzly bear initially captured in the Selkirk Mountains wandered west of the Pend Oreille River and into Washington state last month" That's a BIG BEAR! ( see image ) https://www.bonnersferryherald.com/outdoors/20181122/cabinet-yaak_and_selkirk_mountains_grizzly_bear_monitoring_update
I'm not sure if I understand what grizzlies in the Selkirks have to do with grizzlies in the North Cascades. Are you suggesting the Selkirk population will migrate westward? If so, why hasn't this happened already? I mean, grizzlies have been in the WA Selkirks for a long, long time now, with recent estimates suggesting 50-60 bears on the region.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Jan 27, 2019 10:26 am 
Geeze, its the North Cascades. They dont need any help. They're already there. Ive seem them there!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
timberghost

timberghost
PostTue Apr 09, 2019 7:12 am 
pcg

pcg
PostTue Apr 09, 2019 10:23 am 
Bootpathguy wrote:
That's a BIG BEAR!
I took this photo in October 2018 in the North Cascades. Two inch diameter. Do you think?

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostTue Apr 09, 2019 12:43 pm 
found this pile about 1 mile above 39 mile creek in the Big Beaver valley, May 30th in late 90's. Right where the trail went from bare ground to totally snow covered. I'm rarely bear-a-noid when camping, but that night I was. The next morning the trail crew, who were camped on the other side of 39 Mile Creek, abandoned ship - the day before they told me they were in for a week. paranoid.gif They didn't want to talk about it...especially since the day before they were acting all tough and tumble while chastising me for going solo.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostTue Apr 09, 2019 3:52 pm 
coldrain108 wrote:
They didn't want to talk about it...especially since the day before they were acting all tough and tumble while chastising me for going solo.
sounds like they felt a heavy bear presence!

timberghost

timberghost
PostWed Apr 10, 2019 5:08 am 
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostSat Jan 30, 2021 9:18 am 
Schroder

Schroder
PostSat Jan 30, 2021 9:32 am 

timberghost

timberghost
PostSat Jan 30, 2021 7:24 pm 
Dog