Forum Index > Trail Talk > Oil City to La Push shuttle/hitchike
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
cwchumley

cwchumley
PostTue Jul 10, 2018 3:30 pm 
Hi all, I searched the forum for a while in hopes of a shuttle service that runs between Oil City and La Push but couldn't find anything. I'll be hiking from Third Beach to Oil City Trailhead next week and would rather not try my chances at trying to catch a ride on the 10 mile stretch on Oil City Road before the 101 junction. Anyone familiar with up to date shuttles? Or can I strike a deal with anyone in the area? Thanks, Carter

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostTue Jul 10, 2018 4:14 pm 
Unfortunately, veteran Olympic Peninsula reliable shuttle provider extraordinaire, Willie Nelson, retired last year. Google no longer shows anything specific to Olympic trailhead shuttles, but you might give these folks a try: Rocket Transportation - or - Rainforest Paddlers IMO, the most common sense plan is to hike to your car: meet your driver at the Oil City trailhead, where you'll leave your car, and shuttle to the Third Beach trailhead.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Jul 10, 2018 6:44 pm 
Bing Maps: Hoquiam Washington to Oil City Washington 99.9 miles - 2 hours 22 minutes Oil City to La Push - 40.2 miles - 1 hour 34 minutes that is one long drive out there. what are your dates at each point?

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
thunderhead

thunderhead
PostWed Jul 11, 2018 9:06 am 
They have uber out there near forks?

tfarrisjr24
Tommy F.

tfarrisjr24
Tommy F.
PostThu Jan 31, 2019 1:50 pm 
My company Olympic Hiking Co. offers hiking tours and trailhead shuttles in Olympic National Park. We provided daily group shuttles on the Olympic Coast during the summer at the following departure times (subject to availability): 11:00 AM: Oil City to Third Beach 1:00 PM: Rialto Beach to Ozette Ranger Station 3:00 PM: Ozette Ranger Station to Shi Shi Beach Trailhead We also do custom shuttles for alternative times and destinations. Here's a link for more info: https://www.hikeolympic.com/trailhead-shuttle-schedule/ Thanks! Tommy

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Jan 31, 2019 6:29 pm 
Thank you Tommy and welcome to the site! up.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
grannyhiker

grannyhiker
PostSat Feb 02, 2019 2:04 pm 
Tommy, Olympic shuttle information is frequently requested on this site. Thank you, both for the information and for offering the service!

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.--E.Abbey