Forum Index > Partners > Occasional Hike, Bike, Snowshoe Partner for MRNP and/ or Greenwater Area
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
TrailGrinder75

TrailGrinder75
PostTue Jan 29, 2019 4:37 pm 
Hi, I hike all 4 seasons solo in the Carbon River Entrance to Mt. Rainier and some time in the Greenwater area. Almost everywhere requires some elevation gain and or snowshoes but no sketchy rock climbing. I like to dayhike to Mystic Lake, Spray Park, Florence Peak, Carbon Glacier, north to Bearhead Mt/ Summit Lake. Greenwater favorites are Echo/ Lost Lakes, Noble Knob, Palisades and Deep Creek trails. I do some pack dog hiking as well. Into photography and doing pano shots. I'm not too worried about age or gender, some experience is preferred. I am a 43 YO male who lives locally. Family really hates that I do all this solo! Please PM me if you are interested, I am pretty relaxed about schedules and times. Thanks,John

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
TrailGrinder75

TrailGrinder75
PostSat Feb 02, 2019 4:08 pm 
confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif Nobody?

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostSun Feb 03, 2019 7:13 am 
TrailGrinder75 wrote:
confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif Nobody?
Actually, I'd quite like to take you up on that, but I'm over 1000 miles away, and manage to get "out west" only a couple times/year, so I didn't speak up. Although, I'll keep your offer/request in mind as the areas you spoke of I've not explored yet, and I'd like to. Don't get discouraged, I think folks here gotta get to know you a bit, just like at a family picnic. up.gif

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
TrailGrinder75

TrailGrinder75
PostSun Feb 03, 2019 7:48 am 
Hey, I'll keep that in mind. I'll try posting more trail reports. etc. I have about 7000 pictures of my hikes saved up! We wouldn't be carpooling from where you are at! smile.gif Heading to Rainier in about 20 minutes as a matter of fact. See you at the next "picnic"! John

neek

neek
PostSun Feb 03, 2019 7:50 am 
Hey, I'm in Seattle so usually head north, but Saturdays often work well for visiting MRNP (had a nice stroll up to Fawn Ridge yesterday), and I'd be up for adventures such as your Florence Peak loop idea, as long as weather and conditions are decent.

TrailGrinder75

TrailGrinder75
PostSun Feb 03, 2019 6:01 pm 
Hey, how goes it? Done a couple 27 mile hike & bike trips up the Carbon River Road. Whole bunch of solo day hikes, sometimes 2 or 3 a month. Sometime by the end of next summer I's like to push out past Mystic Lake, get to Windy Gap, and do the Florence Loop, not many people have seemed to have done that one. Problem is the crowd around here does nothing but competitive husky mushing and carting so they don't like moving under their own power! There's some pretty cool stuff in Greenwater too, especially after the Norse Peak fire. We can look each other up when the weather is a little less harsh, Florence was pretty nasty last time I went up. Thanks, John

JimmyBob

JimmyBob
PostThu Mar 07, 2019 4:57 pm 
I did the hike up to Mystic lake from the Carbon entrance last year made for a long 30ish mile day, also hiked to the Carbon glacier in Jan this year. I hike that area quite often.