Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > You Think You Gots Problems!?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostTue Feb 05, 2019 1:57 pm 
Maybe some of us should quit whining about our problems. This man and his family have a very serious and extremely sad situation https://www.oregonlive.com/business/2019/02/family-of-4-evicted-from-272-square-foot-tiny-home-in-bend.html

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
neek

neek
PostTue Feb 05, 2019 2:58 pm 
Well, they'll survive. Seems silly though. Every time we've stayed in Bend it's been in someone's backyard cottage or RV. In Seattle I've avoided building one because the owner then has to live on the property, i.e. you can't rent out both buildings at once.

MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostTue Feb 05, 2019 4:20 pm 
It says he has to move his family from the tiny dog house he built and live in his main 4-bedroom house that he was using for rental income. What's the big sad situation? He should be arrested for child abuse for making his kids live in a dog house while he rented out the main house.

Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostTue Feb 05, 2019 7:23 pm 
banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif I'm being sarcastic Nobody is feeling sorry for you if you can afford a 4 bedroom 3 bath home on 2.3 acres purchased in 2017 in.... Bend! Real estate there is untouchable for most Follow the rules idiot! And then he has the balls to say he's going to stand out in front of city hall with a sign ( passive aggressive in my opinion ) that says, "Homeless Veteran, thanks city of Bend" What a JackAss!!! Oh, BooHoo! I have to move out of my 1 bedroom trailer and into my 4 bed 3 bath home. crybaby.gif Our supplemental annual income just dropped to 21,600 from $28,800 Jerk! Why he thinks the rules don't apply to him is beyond me Gotta be a millennial

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostTue Feb 05, 2019 10:38 pm 
Lots of unknowns about that story. He's obviously depending on 4 rent checks to make the mortgage payment. Wonder why he's working only part time? I'd like to see a few more pics of the property to see how the lots are laid out, how visible his trailer is from the street, and the neighbors' houses, etc. What he should have done was move into the house and rent out the little place on AirBnB or some such, at a premium. Tourists love that stuff. His wife could have run the biz and then there wouldn't be need for day care. The story says he got away with it for 4 years - wonder if he p.o.'d one of his neighbors and they reported him.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostSat Feb 09, 2019 8:46 am 
Lol. Funny post. 👍🏻 Maybe they should have checked the housing codes before erecting an illegal structure? No sympathy here. What a wanker. A millennial indeed.