canadug
PostTue Feb 12, 2019 5:20 pm 
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostTue Feb 12, 2019 6:16 pm 
Excellent news indeed. Didn't see this post before updating my other thread: https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8028774

gb

gb
PostWed Feb 13, 2019 8:47 am 
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Feb 13, 2019 9:18 am 
Awesome! "It’s a paradoxical win for conservation at a time when President Trump has promoted development on public lands and scaled back safeguards established by his predecessors.". headrub.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
gb

gb
PostWed Feb 13, 2019 4:02 pm 
Got a nice e-mail back from one of our Senators, both of whom are environmental stalwarts. I don't know her personally but sat next to her at the Beckey memorial. I thanked Senators Cantwell and Murkowski earlier today by e-mail.
Quote:
Gary, The Senate has just passed my legislation to secure a permanent re-authorization of the Land and Water Conservation Fund--The most important conservation program in the United States. This is a legislative win for all of Washington, the thriving outdoor economy, and the entirety of the United States. Take a moment to check out this piece on the legislation in the Seattle Times, which sums up why this is such a critical victory for our state. I am so honored to be able to work another term fighting for our state in the Senate, and am thankful for your past, and current support. -Maria
The link Senator Cantwell provided to the Seattle Times article, the LWCF is a very big deal and shows the Senate can still work together for common purpose. https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/u-s-senate-passes-bipartisan-public-lands-bill-pushed-by-sen-cantwell/