Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seeking frequent travelers for design interviews
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Komarad

Komarad
PostWed Feb 13, 2019 2:14 pm 
Hello, NWhikers members! I do a little design research for my student project. I have an idea for a service related to the safety of travelers when they go for a long hiking/backpacking/mountaineering trip when cell service is not reliable, yet safety concerns need to be addressed. I know that it is generally a good practice to leave information to your friends/family about your upcoming trip, but I have something different in mind. The thing is, the class is about what is called "user research" - we need to validate our ideas while talking with real people and collecting stories from them. And during our conversation we (designers) are to check our ideas and possibly iterate on them together with a respondent. Would anyone of you who travels outdoor more-or-less frequently (once a month at least) and for several days at once (i.e. not a few hours hike on a trail, but more than that) agree to speak with me over the phone or Skype sometime this week? Just to present myself, this is who I am: www.sergey.design

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Komarad

Komarad
PostFri Feb 15, 2019 1:38 pm 
One of the frequent writers in this forum has reached out, and I am very much thankful to him, but I need 1-2 more people to collect enough feedback. Below is my questionnaire so that you know what kind of information I am looking for: - What kind of hiking/backcamping/mountaineering experience do you like to have? How often do you have these trips, and how long they usually are? - Who is with you in those trips? (friends, family) And who stays at home (and, possibly, seeks opportunities to stay in touch with you while you are in the wild)? - What is the planning process of yours? How do you pick a destination? How do you pack the things that you need, and which of those things you usually take with you? - Do you pass information about your trip to someone? Like, notifying them about your destination, checkpoints, dates and times of your hiking trips. If you do send those notifications, in which form? What exactly do you include there, and who is usually a recipient. I know that you might have an urge to simply reply to me with text, and I understand that (there is this guy from Russia who suddenly wants to talk). But the research method we use suggests that it is much better to talk directly because this way I would have the opportunity to ask clarifying questions and have a more insightful conversation.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message