Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > C'mon, guys...
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostWed Feb 20, 2019 10:45 am 
We now have a newly locked thread, and a new admonishment from Tom (well deserved, I'd say). The winter out there is getting to you folks, I'd have to guess. May I then suggest that you need a "real" winter to put things in perspective? Let me then offer this: temps here have finally moderated enough to have a large (55' cottonwood) tree in the back yard removed. Temps hovered around 0F yesterday and today so it was plenty warm enough to get out and do some real work! But now I noticed the local grey squirrel looking for his tree, so I'll have to plant something suitable for him to climb when spring thaws enough to do so...in a few months yet. Carry on, enjoy your life (you only get one), and don't be easily offended by....well, whatever. up.gif

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Feb 20, 2019 3:12 pm 
I find your post to be offensive! Seriously, It is always a good idea to disallow Political Discussions unless it is segregated to a particular section, like the guns.gif thread. You could call it Politically Incorrect section, and members would know to enter-post at their own risk. Much like it used to be in bars, where non-smokers knew what they were in for prior to entering. However, I agree with Tom, this is a hiking forum, no need for Politics, unless it pertains directly to hiking.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Feb 20, 2019 4:21 pm 
Well, I hiked around the Stampede park and ran the Slightly Used Dog pretty good. Was going to go skiing but had an upset tummy most of the day. It is sunny and feels warm even though it is only 34. I have some trees to kill but haven't been in the right mood yet. Maybe when it is a little warmer. I am always nervous that the saw will not start when it is chilly outside. I don't want it in the house.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostThu Feb 21, 2019 9:26 pm 
Indian plum and red currant are blooming at Discovery Park!

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Feb 22, 2019 11:54 am 
In spite of the efforts of Tom and the Mods, the subject of guns.gif and Politics seems to pop up, even in a recent trip report...can the Author of a TR be held liable for "Spray" in their own report? Plus, how to they not expect alternative <opinions> when they themselves started the ball rolling? crazy.gif Pacifying divisive topics and banter seem to be an exercise in futility, if not to that extreme, definitely a full time job. I guess that many just feel that the rules don't apply to them and/or that rules are made to be broken. nopity.gif Yes, I realize my post is ironic.. dizzy.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Badger

Badger
PostSun Feb 24, 2019 4:56 pm 
My Day
Sunset home
Sunset home