Forum Index > Trail Talk > I 90 trailheads closed this weekend by DNR
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Feb 17, 2019 1:28 pm 
Just to be clear it is not attorneys who are the cause of lawsuits, it is clients. There have always been a few ambulance chasers but all the attorneys spend most of their time on more mundane things like divorces, probate, contracts, business law, criminal law both as prosecutors and defenders, corporations, and most importantly patents. hockeygrin.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostSun Feb 17, 2019 1:53 pm 
Normally I hate it when they "close" trails, especially like they threatened to do a few years ago as political leverage for a bigger budget. But in this case I think it makes sense. I haven't been out to North Bend since the big snow but I've heard from people that live there and seen photos. If the trailheads aren't plowed out then parking is a problem. If a vehicle makes it into a lot or parks in a wide spot on the road it could block the plow if it happens to come through.

pula58

pula58
PostSun Feb 17, 2019 5:57 pm 
pula58 wrote:
anyone have info on Dirty Harrys balcony trailhead?
Well, we went there and checked it out. Road is plowed, no problems at all. Parking was a little tight at the trailhead parking lot as it was only minimally plowed. We had a nice snow hike! Did not venture up to any open snow slopes due to NW Avy center forecast.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun Feb 17, 2019 8:06 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
Just to be clear it is not attorneys who are the cause of lawsuits, it is clients
Depends on what you mean by "clients" When my wife was clocked by a snowboarder that ignored a "no jumping" sign and struck her back while in mid-air cracking a rib and a transverse process, we never sued the snowboarder. However our health insurance provider did pursue a settlement with his homeowners insurance. This happened independent of any action on our part, beyond filling out an accurate incident report with the ski patrol.

Brushwork
Food truck

Brushwork
Food truck
PostFri Feb 22, 2019 9:21 pm 
While mt Si and Tenerife THs are still closed, Little Si and West rattlesnake THs have been plowed! (Thank-you!!!!). Middle fork also closed with large berm of snow. Enough room there for 5-6 cars, half mile to Mailbox. Good packed trail starting up old trail to Mt Si- glad to have spikes. Still like winter there .....!!!!

When I grow up I wanna play.
Windstorm

Windstorm
PostThu Feb 28, 2019 11:43 am 
catsp wrote:
On the DNR website it looks like the trail closure notice was last updated February 21. Anyone have any updated info on the pertinent road conditions and/or trailheads?
Looks like there was an update last night. Mount Si is now "partially open." Teneriffe and the Middle Fork trailheads are still closed.

cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostThu Feb 28, 2019 7:15 pm 
Tiger is open. I hiked up to west tiger 2 yesterday; the parking lot was pretty deserted and the trails empty but I managed to make it up without too much trouble. No snow at the bottom and about a foot ontop. Tunneled pathways were easy to follow, a bit slippery at times.

whitebark

whitebark
PostFri Mar 01, 2019 6:48 pm 
Good news! A recent WTA report suggests that the main Mt. Si trailhead is now open.

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostSat Mar 02, 2019 5:50 pm 
Yes, was there yesterday trying to get some exercise. I actually started from the Little Si lot but talked to hikers who said the main lot is open. I checked it out after my hike and all the parking lanes are plowed out.