Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Sandhill Crane Festival in Othello
Previous :: Next Topic  
RichP

RichP

PostWed Feb 20, 2019 9:15 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
It's that time of the year and it looks like an event-filled festival March 22-24.

https://www.othellosandhillcranefestival.org

--------------
Without obsession, life is nothing. John Waters
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
tmatlack

tmatlack

PostFri Feb 22, 2019 3:32 am 
Rich,

I did not know Othello supported a big flock of SHC.

Just last week I accidentally discovered another big flock outside Willcox, Arizona.  Thought they were geese from afar...but that call of theirs is distinct.  This one is called Wings Over Willcox.  (The town needs something!) 30,000 approx. move from interstate to deep playa(?) every night.

Tom
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
cdestroyer

cdestroyer

PostFri Feb 22, 2019 7:30 am 
we have had a couple of returning shc in the valley. not much to look at for color compared to the geese and ducks.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Grannyhiker

Grannyhiker

PostFri Feb 22, 2019 3:41 pm 
Back when I lived in Tri-Cities, an enormous flock of sandhill cranes would fly over my house every spring, generally quite late in the day when I was home.  The whole neighborhood would emerge outside to see and listen!  I suspect it was Othello-bound.  They don't stay in Othello, but it's a resting spot for them in their northward journey.

--------------
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.--E.Abbey
RichardJ

RichardJ

PostSat Feb 23, 2019 10:58 am 
Thanks for the reminder RichP.  I lived in the Albuquerque area years ago and always loved taking my wife and family to Bosque Del Apache nearby to see the sandhill cranes and snow geese. Great memories. We saw them at Othello a couple of years ago and I hope to see them again this year.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Sandhill Crane Festival in Othello
  Happy Birthday kiliki, mtnmschist, adamcwatts!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: