Forum Index > Gear Talk > Snow vs All Season Tires
Previous :: Next Topic  
pcg

pcg

PostFri Feb 22, 2019 9:42 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Yes, you're correct. I inquired at Les Schwab about getting them siped and they advised against it once they heard where I took my truck. They said sand and small particles from gravel would fill in the tiny sipes and render them useless. The tires are awesome on snow (the narrow profile helps), but on black ice they're sketchy as almost any tire is that's not siped. They are somewhat noisy on the highway, but not too bad.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Backpacker Joe
NWH Joe-Bob

Backpacker Joe

NWH Joe-Bob
PostTue Feb 26, 2019 11:40 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
I have a pair of studded snow tires I put in at the first snow.  Then I take them off in late March.  They last quite a while in that scenario.  If you run them on dry pavement they certainly will wear out fast.

--------------
"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide."

Abraham Lincoln
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Gear Talk > Snow vs All Season Tires
  Happy Birthday ericrjensen, Ulysses, *trace!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: