Forum Index > Gear Talk > Electric Bikes
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Feb 28, 2019 12:09 pm 
I'll be riding mine too. Haven't gotten out sine the leaves started to fall. Has nothing to do with the bike. If I had a convertible I wouldn't be riding in it top down either.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Feb 28, 2019 2:02 pm 
Tom wrote:
I'll be riding mine too. Haven't gotten out sine the leaves started to fall. Has nothing to do with the bike. If I had a convertible I wouldn't be riding in it top down either.
Oh come on now Thomas. My rental outside my place in Rhode Island! LOL. Ya got a convertible, the top should be down!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Feb 28, 2019 2:26 pm 
This is more like it:

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Feb 28, 2019 2:41 pm 
Tom is getting SOFT in his old age. LOL. Hey lets e-bike up the middle fork this summer and hike into Williams lake. up.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Feb 28, 2019 3:40 pm 
I just rode mine down to the other end of town to pick up muh pickup. Although the streets were packed snow this morning, they have mostly melted--I rode over 2 snow patches. It had warmed up to 44 degrees, almost shorts weather. Mechanics like to look at yer e-bike and ask questions. The constant unanswerable question is How Many Miles Do You Get Before Yer Battery Runs Out? I patiently explain all the variables. We discussed what it will take to ride to Conconully and back. I plan to find out in warmer weather.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Mar 28, 2019 12:00 am 
It looks like Luna Cycle finally released the Apollo last week. Nice looking bike with a lofty price tag. Seems they are already sold out of the first batch.
https://lunacycle.com/luna-cycle-apollo/

JPH

JPH
PostFri May 24, 2019 1:12 pm 
I recently had our family bike (Surly Big Dummy) boosted with an e-assist from Bike Swift in SLU. I got the Meridian rear hub drive. It's been awesome getting around South Seattle with the kids.

veronika

veronika
PostFri May 24, 2019 1:59 pm 
At these prices I'm going to have to get a payment plan. eek.gif

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri May 24, 2019 2:09 pm 
Or stick to your budget. When I hear payment plan I am reminded of this SNL skit:

veronika

veronika
PostFri May 24, 2019 5:53 pm 
🤣🤣🤣

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jun 11, 2019 1:54 pm 
Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread, does anyone have recommendations for a good E-kit for an existing bike? I would like to install it onto my Trek 6000 mountain bike that I picked up at a yard sale for 20 bucks...all I had to buy was a seat post, that was like 20 bucks, lol. I see that there are kits ranging from a couple of hundred to 1k...and some are rear wheel drive, some front. I definitely want a kit with a lithium ion battery and want to spend around $500.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm 
You can have my kit e-bike for free. Never finished building it. Just taking up space in the garage. https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=712118#712118

veronika

veronika
PostWed Jun 12, 2019 8:35 am 
Tom wrote:
You can have my kit e-bike for free. Never finished building it. Just taking up space in the garage. https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=712118#712118
I wish I would have known that earlier. Lol.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Jun 20, 2019 1:46 am 
Looks like lunacycle is sourcing my dream e-bike. M600 motor with metal gears. Full suspension. Carbon frame with integrated battery. up.gif up.gif https://lunacycle.com/x-1-enduro-fs-ebike/

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Jun 20, 2019 11:14 am 
Just ordered mine. I've been looking at buying the parts for this exact same bike for the last year but was gun shy of ordering overseas and putting it together myself. It would have cost around $5,000 just for the parts so this really is an amazing value proposition from lunacycle. I'm not sure how many they are going to extend for the pre-order but their stuff usually sells out pretty quick so if you are interested in a super stealthy and light e-mountain bike that will run circles around bikes costing twice as much with wimpy EU compliant motors this is the ticket.