Forum Index > Trail Talk > Unknown Cape Meares trail
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
billcoe

billcoe
PostSun Mar 24, 2019 8:30 am 
My wife and I have occasionally been using the old road that went North from Cape Meares Lighthouse before it was closed due to slides to walk the pup off leash. Anyway, this weekend we tripped over an old trail that doesn't seem to be "official", but looks to have been here for many years. Does anyone know of this or have any info? Park on the east side where the Cape Meares beach trailhead is where the road turns hard left to go down to the lighthouse. Walk east down the now closed Cape Meares road 150 yards. Just past the huge dead Spruce tree at @ 120 yards down the road (didn't see this on the big tree thread but it should be) the trail goes North then turns east. We were all but out of time and only went less than a mile down it. Gradient was perfect, and someone had picked off the winter limb drop already as it was clean. It's not on the radar it appears, a search on NW Hikers and Google didn't get me any info. Anyone know ? If it's a secret trail let me know and I'll kill this post.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostSun Mar 24, 2019 9:39 am 
Are you talking about the trail that goes down to the beach on the north side of the cape? https://caltopo.com/map.html#ll=45.48927,-123.96384&z=16&b=oo

billcoe

billcoe
PostSun Mar 24, 2019 10:03 am 
No. It would start from the now closed Cape Meares Loop road approx 150 yards east of that trail - about where the 150 foot elevation mark is on your topo and it heads East (to the right) almost immediately.