Forum Index > Stewardship > Public Lands Hate You: arrogant, ignorant "influencers" and selfie takers
Previous :: Next Topic  
Slugman
Slower than ever

Slugman

Slower than ever
PostTue Apr 09, 2019 12:30 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/apr/09/influencers-national-parks-public-lands-hate-you

pig.gif  bagger.gif  bricks.gif  nono.gif

--------------
"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore. There is society where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but nature more..."  Childe Harold
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
thunderhead

thunderhead

PostTue Apr 09, 2019 1:24 pm 
Thats great
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Grannyhiker

Grannyhiker

PostTue Apr 09, 2019 2:45 pm 
Thanks, Slugman!  I spotted this article earlier but you got ahead of me here.  The more the merrier!

--------------
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.--E.Abbey
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon

PostTue Apr 09, 2019 3:48 pm 
i'm more of the "deter" school of thought than the "educate" school of thought. as in, i want 'gram accounts to show the dark side of the outdoors. bears tearing through tent walls, people getting dragged from their tents by wild animals, camp stoves exploding, big cats pouncing, etc.

--------------
i ALWAYS camp at the upper lake!
Slugman
Slower than ever

Slugman

Slower than ever
PostWed Apr 10, 2019 9:55 am 
31 years old, lives in the PNW, come on, fess up, who are you, vigilante hero? He or she must be a member here, or should be, anyway.  hmmm.gif

--------------
"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore. There is society where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but nature more..."  Childe Harold
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108

Thundering Herd
PostWed Apr 10, 2019 2:24 pm 
BigBrunyon wrote:
i want 'gram accounts to show the dark side of the outdoors. bears tearing through tent walls, people getting dragged from their tents by wild animals

So does that mean you are in favor of Grizzly re-introduction to the North Cascades? clown.gif

--------------
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing"  - Albert Einstein
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon

PostWed Apr 10, 2019 3:12 pm 
coldrain108 wrote:
BigBrunyon wrote:
i want 'gram accounts to show the dark side of the outdoors. bears tearing through tent walls, people getting dragged from their tents by wild animals

So does that mean you are in favor of Grizzly re-introduction to the North Cascades? clown.gif

already several large bears known to be in this locale!

--------------
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon

PostWed Apr 10, 2019 10:23 pm 
BigBrunyon wrote:
coldrain108 wrote:
BigBrunyon wrote:

already several large bears known to be in this locale!

I'm for bringin' more in! Look, here's the deal. The deal is that you gotta give it your all EVERY time on the trail, and it is fact that includes havin' to deal with the beasts.

--------------
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Stewardship > Public Lands Hate You: arrogant, ignorant "influencers" and selfie takers
  Happy Birthday seawallrunner, puzzlr, CRoberts, 1steppin!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: