Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Movie reviews
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Mar 19, 2019 9:32 pm 
Finally saw missing nominees on Avianta, Black Klansman I liked not too much of a polemic more like a good mystery with a bite Spike was robbed!, The Favorite interesting but a bit disturbing fairly accurate depending on interpretation of English history Queen Anne has always been problematic. BR will have to be redbox with killer stereo. Green book was ok but seemed to be a reverse remake of Driving Miss Daisy. Finished season one of Marvelous Miss Mazel fun series with connection to prehippy beatnik era.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Mar 21, 2019 12:21 am 
The trailers for "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" just didn't do anything for me. I was going to skip it, but reviews were mostly very positive. I figured I could check it out when it got to DVD. Really surpassed my expectations. Certainly different than any comic book/superhero based movie previously. Very visually inventive. Good story line, good vocal cast. I like Jake Johnson a lot. I didn't recognize most of the voices, was surprised during the end credits to see Hailee Steinfield, Kathryn Hahn, Liev Schreiber, Chris Pine, Zoe Kravitz and Lily Tomlin among them. But Nicolas Cage was unmistakable, I had him pinned right away. Anyway definitely worth a watch.

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostFri Apr 05, 2019 6:56 am 
Shazam is a lot of fun! Funny and heart warming, and with a few touching moments. up.gif

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Apr 05, 2019 6:42 pm 
GaliWalker wrote:
Shazam is a lot of fun! Funny and heart warming, and with a few touching moments. up.gif
GaliMeister, I was going to avoid it because it looks SO CAMPY! So youre suggesting it?

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostSat Apr 06, 2019 3:29 am 
Absolutely!

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostWed Apr 10, 2019 3:25 pm 
Finally saw Captain Marvel. I enjoyed it, quite entertaining, another solid movie from Marvel Studios. I was a bit hesitant to go see it. The lead up to this and immediate aftermath was just...so bizarre. Such an agenda from either side to push this really hard or completely trash it. I've long taken critics reviews with a grain of salt, but as a result of this whole scenario you really can't trust Rotten Tomatoes, or pretty much anything, anymore. User reviews might be completely fake, or as mentioned above have an agenda, so they are just as useless as professional critics reviews.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Apr 12, 2019 10:42 pm 
Vice- disturbing because we lived it. Made me feel like Cassandra knew what was happening but unbeliever. Life sucks and then you die, so it goes. tongue.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Apr 14, 2019 8:01 am 
Malachai Constant wrote:
Vice- disturbing because we lived it. Made me feel like Cassandra knew what was happening but unbeliever. Life sucks and then you die, so it goes. tongue.gif
PLEASE! Captain Marvel had more truth and accuracy than Vice! down.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Apr 18, 2019 12:01 am 
"Glass" was okay but kind of disappointing. Shyamalan and his big twists. This one landed with a thud I thought. The second movie in the "Fantastic Beasts" series seemed like it was panned by critics and audiences alike. I actually enjoyed it. A lot was going on, I was in the dark in a few scenes, but overall thought it was good. I had enough of Jude Law at some point quite a few years ago, but he's had kind of a second career now that he's not the "it" guy and I've grown to really appreciate him.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu May 02, 2019 2:21 pm 
I can't be the first person here to see Avengers: End Game can I? Can't say much about it for fear of spoilers. Overall I thought it was a good finish to a 20+ movie saga. It was really long, started slow and took way longer than I expected to really get going. There was so much to shoehorn into it. I thought parts could've been done better, but it had plenty of heartfelt, poignant moments, some humor, some big action scenes. Let's be honest, if you've seen the rest of the MCU movies you're going to see this too.

NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostSat May 04, 2019 8:34 pm 
olderthanIusedtobe wrote:
I can't be the first person here to see Avengers: End Game can I? Can't say much about it for fear of spoilers. Overall I thought it was a good finish to a 20+ movie saga. It was really long, started slow and took way longer than I expected to really get going. There was so much to shoehorn into it. I thought parts could've been done better, but it had plenty of heartfelt, poignant moments, some humor, some big action scenes. Let's be honest, if you've seen the rest of the MCU movies you're going to see this too.
I just saw it yesterday. It was OK, but I too found it to be too long with too slow of a lead in. They could have cut 45 minutes and it would have been a much more enjoyable movie! To be honest, part one of Infinity War last year left a bad taste in my mouth, and I couldn't quite shake the memory of that film off while watching Endgame. The melancholy tone of the beginning didn't help with this. There were a few scenes I really loved, and a few scenes and story choices that I really hated. Now Shazam, that's my kind of super hero movie! It's not perfect by any means, but it's light hearty, funny, and just a fun film in general. I'm actually really impressed by how well DC has been doing recently - a two film winning streak is a big deal for them! I'm looking forward to the new Spiderman movie, it's looking really good, and it's one of the few Marvel series I'm still interested in seeing more of.

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun May 05, 2019 1:00 am 
NacMacFeegle wrote:
Now Shazam, that's my kind of super hero movie! It's not perfect by any means, but it's light hearty, funny, and just a fun film in general. I'm actually really impressed by how well DC has been doing recently - a two film winning streak is a big deal for them!
They can't seem to figure out the team up movies, but they've been doing fine w/ solo stuff. Aquaman was utterly ludicrous but as entertaining as you could possibly ask for.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun May 05, 2019 12:18 pm 
Say what you will about Avengers: End Game, but this is a MONSTER at the box office. Over $600 million domestic after just 2 weekends and $2 billion worldwide. $2 billion! That's probably more than the GDP of some small countries. Basically nobody is going to see any movie other than Avengers since it was released.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostWed May 08, 2019 10:52 am 
I wasn't even going to watch it, but my brother convinced me to give "Free Solo" a try. It was well done, but so nerve wracking. I have very mixed emotions about it. What he did is absolutely amazing...and yet utterly pointless really. Granted I'm sure I've made some bad choices and exposed myself to unnecessary risk, but that's an entirely different scale. Nice cameo by Peter Croft. Seems like a really cool dude.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri May 17, 2019 6:58 pm 
Monos - at SIFF winner at Sundance and Berlin film festivals, Columbia 2019. Concerns a group of teenage guerrillas in the mountains and jungle of Columbia and their American hostage. Unique in that there is absolutely no political or social context. Part Lord of the Flies part Apocalypse Now part Teenagers partying. Gripping though one never knows what they are fighting for. up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif