Forum Index > Gear Talk > Another Cold Sleeper Question
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Adohrn

Adohrn
PostSat Apr 13, 2019 10:32 am 
up.gif The new pad will be a major improvement. With a cold sleeper I think you will find that your carrying that pad a lot more than for just winter hiking. I have owned several marmot bags over the years they make good bags. Have no info on the one you are looking at though. I have had very little success converting people to vapor barriers except in the field. Most find it just to strange. However hand someone a couple Safeway bags when they haven’t been able to sleep well for days, and make a convert for life. Just keep that in mind.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
pcg

pcg
PostSat Apr 13, 2019 7:02 pm 
willnich wrote:
My wife doesn't go backpacking with me past September because she is such a cold sleeper. When we go together we take a 3 person tent and it is the two of us and two golden retrievers. I am sweating and losing layers and she is miserable from being cold.
Well it would make you warmer too, but have you considered a warmer tent? My wife and I do most of our camping in September and October and really appreciate our double wall tent. Going in and out of the tent you can easily feel at least a ten degree difference over a conventional tent (I solo with a single wall tent w/fly). By double wall I mean true double wall, not a tent with a fly. We have a Stephenson Warmlite, but there are lots of other "four season tent" options out there.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message